• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 MarkC

MarkC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 02:18 PM

Well we just got back from Cozumel last night. My last [boat] dive (La Francessa), we saw 4 [nurse] sharks, 3 turtles, 2 sting rays, 2 lion fish, 2 large groupers, 2 large parrot fish... The divemaster killed one of the lion fish and I was inches away from the shark he fed it to – it was badass... and we have it all on video...

Sad news (but does not surprise me at all), Del Mar Aquatics lost a diver 9/2/11, the same afternoon we got there... Turns out the guy had a heart attack - he was ~300#, was so out of shape, he was breathing heavy just in normal activity and could barely sign his name he was so shaky. They found his body at 193 ft. on a shelf and he still had over 500# of air in his tank. At some point, a dive operator should think about these out of shape people and decline to take them diving if their health is at risk or they pose a liability to the others on the boat - SHAME ON DEL MAR AQUATICS - they fail AGAIN in my book (sorry, but they almost killed me and my ex back in 94/95). I know the diver should make their own assessment and discontinue such activities if they are not fit to do it, but ultimately I think the dive operator as professionals should bear the responsibility to refuse service.

The Allegro resort... Food was decent (MUCH better than what we got at the A/I in Punta Cana, DR), and because the resort was DEAD, we got excellent service. The beds were hard hard hard - by the time I woke up on day 4, I had to request a pad on the bed, which made it completely comfortable.

We had great meals at pepe's and rolandi's and Palmeras...

But the surprise of the trip was the margaritas and food at Coconuts - BEST meal hands down I had there - especially for the money.

Mark
“Corona con lima, Corona with lime... Todo el tiempo, hey all of the time... Con mucho gusto, I’m havin such a good time... Corona con lima, Corona with lime...”

#2 Guest_pecosgirl_*

Guest_pecosgirl_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2011 - 09:17 PM

Really? You thought the food at Coconuts was the best? I'm very surprised as the majority of folks thinks it's mediocre at best. What did you eat there? Sounds like you had a great trip Mark.

#3 MarkC

MarkC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 08:22 AM

Oh yeah, hands down, it beat all other meals (not just my opinion, but my GFs also)!

We shared a grilled grouper sandwich and an order of the grilled shrimp. Best margarita i found on cozumel as well. Not watered down tequila + lime juice like everywhere else I went.

The waiter was laughing his arse off at me cause I pulled out my cel phone and played "Corona Con Lima" to use as background music as I made a short video of our time @ Coconuts!

In case you don't know the song:

Mark
“Corona con lima, Corona with lime... Todo el tiempo, hey all of the time... Con mucho gusto, I’m havin such a good time... Corona con lima, Corona with lime...”

#4 Guest_pecosgirl_*

Guest_pecosgirl_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2011 - 11:35 AM

Mark- I think that is a mistake. You should double check info like that before posting it.

#5 MarkC

MarkC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 11:42 AM

Agree - did some reading on the incident today and edited my post.

Thanks

Mark

#6 MarkC

MarkC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 08:22 AM

Uggghhhh...

Is it normal to have CWS (Cozumel Withdrawal Symptoms) this early after arrival home...?

I guess the remedy is to book another trip to the Island...

#7 CZMFan

CZMFan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 11:01 PM

We were talking about coming back to Cozumel before we got on the plane :)

CZMFan

Uggghhhh...

Is it normal to have CWS (Cozumel Withdrawal Symptoms) this early after arrival home...?

I guess the remedy is to book another trip to the Island...

#8 MarkC

MarkC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 10:12 AM

LOL

This past week, I've had the shakes and several convulsions due to CWS... I may never recover and the only cure is to go back and get my fix... :D

#9 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 10:49 AM

oh yes, the delightful wonderful...CWS.

You think you can just do it one time, and you won't be hooked...they all think that.

But, you see a good airfare, the hotel is offering discounts, and you make your contacts, and do another trip. YOU SCORE!!!!

Well, before you know it...YOUR HOOKED ON COZUMEL!!!!

Welcome to the CWS club :D

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#10 MarkC

MarkC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 11:14 AM

This forum needs an extreme like button, paula :D

#11 cvchief

cvchief

Professional Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts
  • Location:Pennsylvania mostly, though Coz as much as possible

Posted 19 September 2011 - 12:37 PM

True.....

El Jefe

Wishing I was retiring to Cozumel.....

Casa De Jefe

#12 ccannon707

ccannon707

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 08:15 PM

Another Cozaholic.... my name is Christine C and I am a .....

...Christine

I drink to forget, but I eat to remember.... so it all balances out

.· `·. ><((((º> .· `·. <º))))>< ,·. ..· `·. .· `·. <º))))>< .· `·.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users