• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 dos margaritas

dos margaritas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 01:54 PM

We had some ladies cook for us and our friends from San Antonio last night. I haven't had food any better at any of the wonderful restaurants here and they are such nice people. It's fun to watch them make these wonderful dishes. You pay for the groceries (but they shop for you). They bring the groceries over and cook in your kitchen. We had snapper Veracruzana, pablano rice, wonderful refried black beans, quacamole, homemade salsas, garlic bread and fresh tortillas. It was all fantastic. They clean up the kitchen afterwards (much better than what the kitchen was when they arrived.) Their business is called Cooking Service by the Espinoza Sisters. They charge for the cost of groceries plus $8.00 US per person. Their names are Reina & Veronica Espinoza and they can be reached by cell phone 987-119-8900 or 987-117-2106. It is so slow on the Island right now. If you hear of anyone who would like this kind of service, please pass along the information. I would really like to see these hard working ladies make it.

I am attaching a partial menu. Reyna and Veronica have given me many more items to add to the menu but I have to finish translating them to English. I really believe in these women. They are hard working and so enthusiastic and ready to please. Give them a try if you get the chance. You won't be sorry.

Attached Files

#2 dawnb

dawnb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 589 posts
  • Interests:Snorkeling, cooking, gardening, jewelry making, reading

Posted 14 September 2011 - 09:03 PM

Wow! The menu is impressive and very descriptive, with excellent prices. Sounds like a real treasure! Thanks for sharing, Dos Margs.

#3 mike_s

mike_s

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 06:50 AM

WoW is right. When my folks come down this December We will give this service a try for sure! Heck we will see about November even...wonder what they can do with the microwave, hot skillet, and toaster oven in our kitchen lol ;o) A great way for all of us to be able to spend some quality time at home during the night.... Thank you DOs Margaritas.

Mikes

#4 cvchief

cvchief

Professional Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts
  • Location:Pennsylvania mostly, though Coz as much as possible

Posted 15 September 2011 - 09:07 AM

It is going on our list to try!

El Jefe

Wishing I was retiring to Cozumel.....

Casa De Jefe

#5 beachbum53

beachbum53

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 09:41 AM

Wow! That menu looks great! I hope they do well.

#6 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 07:15 PM

I think this is a great service and they are not overpriced. Their menu is fairly simple but a few items take a lot more time to prepare than others. They will make money but I think they should have a minimum number of people they will serve and a good tip at the end of the meal. It's not anymore expensive than going out to dinner. I will definitely give them a try when I get back down there. I have to assume they do parties also.

#7 dos margaritas

dos margaritas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 09:55 AM

The Sisters actually have many more items that they make. They gave me a list but it's in spanish and I am in the process of translating it to English. For instance, at our last dinner party for 8 people they did a dessert that was half flan and half chocolate cake. It was fantastic and beautiful! We had enough left over for breakfast the next morning before our flight out and it was even better then. The Pozole Rojo they did was excellent as was the cochinita pibil. Since I was in charge of the menu that night, the menu may have been a little heavy since I got a little selfish and picked all my own favorite dishes that I can never find in any one restaurant. That is one really cool thing about the service is not having to go several different places for your favorites. They also do lobster cooked several ways, all kinds of shrimp dishes (coconut shrimp, garlic shrimp, ceviche, etc). For our appetizers they fried the fresh tortillas right before bringing out the appetizers. Just having someone squeeze all the fresh lime juice for our margaritas was quite a treat for me because it seems like I usually spend a lot of my time in the kitchen squeezing limes. Next trip they are going to do frijole con puerco and sopa de lima for me with all the condiments, etc.for me to keep in the frig to have for lunches when the guys come in from diving. That will be great for me since I don't dive and can do more fun things with my morning than making lunches. Don't get me wrong, I love to cook and owned and operated restaurants and catering businesses for 15+ years . I made some of the appetizers just in case our guests weren't familiar with Yucatecan food and Reyna and Veronica liked them so much that I showed them how to make them. We had quite a diverse spread of appetizers, some good with wine, some good with margaritas and beer. Anyway, for the price, you can't get anything close to this in the U.S. This trip was a real delight! I will post the full menu once I've gotten it translated. If I can't do it justice in the translation, I may just add it in spanish since so many of the contributors to this forum have a much better knowlege of spanish than I do. I would love to do an ad for them, but have no idea of how to accomplish that.

#8 cvchief

cvchief

Professional Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 10:32 AM

For sure post a Spanish version. How many different entrees can you get with 8 people? Also what was the total for 8 people roughly?

Thanks!!

El Jefe

Casa De Jefe

#9 beachbum53

beachbum53

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 01:50 PM

Dos margaritas, could you post pictures of the food from your next dinner party with the Espinoza sisters? I need a little bit more to make me REALLY jealous. :D

#10 dos margaritas

dos margaritas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 02:48 PM

CV Chief - It was about $75.00 U.S. for the groceries (including all the limes for the margaritas, oil for frying since I had none) and 8 people @$8/each = $64.00 for the service. We tipped them very well though and still came out way ahead of what would have been spent entertaining at a restaurant. I'm pretty sure you can probably get as many entrees as you like. I mean we had Pozole and cochinita pibil at the second dinner, which I consider two entress, but we were so stuffed that we could barely move. I will try to type up the spanish version of extra entrees and desserts within the next week or so and post it.

Beach Bum53 - LOL - Yes, I will try to take photos next time. The photos this last dinner party would have been a little blurry, I'm afraid . I'm not called dos margaritas for nothing you know. I was pretty focused on using up all that extra lime juice.

#11 cvchief

cvchief

Professional Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 04:10 PM

The photos this last dinner party would have been a little blurry, I'm afraid . I'm not called dos margaritas for nothing you know. I was pretty focused on using up all that extra lime juice.

And a good time was had by all? :lol:

That seems like a really good deal. Especially if it includes making margaritas..... If I could get them to squeeze some fresh cranberries for me amigo Carlos and his A&As, we will be in business.

El Jefe

Casa De Jefe

#12 WindLaker_2

WindLaker_2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:19 AM

Does anyone know if the Espinoza Sister's are still in business?

I E-Mailed them on Sunday, and I've not heard back yet. I used the E-Mail address that was hand written on the PDF menu that was posted earlier in this thread.

Thanks in advance,

Windlaker

#13 dos margaritas

dos margaritas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:32 AM

Please try this one if you haven't already tried it. patodaddy@hotmail.com

cell phone number is: 9871012286 or 9871198900

#14 WindLaker_2

WindLaker_2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:00 AM

Thanks. E-Mail sent.

Windlaker

#15 roberta

roberta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:43 AM

Someone can give me the mail of Reina because Karla doesn't reply Thank you very much

#16 dos margaritas

dos margaritas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:01 PM

Reina's email is: patodaddy@hotmail.com

Her cell number is

Please let me know if you can't reach her.

#17 dos margaritas

dos margaritas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:37 PM

Another number to try is: 9871012286

I'm not sure which of the two number that I gave is home and which is cell number. I've reached at both.

#18 roberta

roberta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:45 PM

Her cell number is

Thank you very much i try with the mail

#19 roberta

roberta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:03 PM

Her cell number is

Unfortunately i haven't recive any reply however tried to write in spanish. I hope they reply me Thank you. Roberta

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users