• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 ccannon707

ccannon707

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 12:35 PM

Conchitta AKA Earl, No one is trying to "ruin" his life. He has done it to himself. He not only scammed Kim (& apparently others on the island), but his pathetic carpenter "talent" has been revealed. What's different now is the internet exposes people like this to the world. Jeff is reaping what he sowed - that is Karma, no?

To all those that are trying to ruin a life of a fellow AMERICAN over kitchen cabinets, remember there are always 2 sides to every story. When you hire a custom cabinet maker in a bar WTF?????????? I am sure he was hired because he was inexpensive, so you get what you pay for. Next time hire a Mexican. And if you do know anything about Karma it takes no action (like putting someone in jail) Karma has it's own power and it feeds from negative and positive energy I am an expert on karma because "MY NAME IS EARL"

...Christine

I drink to forget, but I eat to remember.... so it all balances out

.· `·. ><((((º> .· `·. <º))))>< ,·. ..· `·. .· `·. <º))))>< .· `·.

#22 conchitta

conchitta

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 03:38 PM

maybe you could have got references (ever here of that?) Maybe the internet would have helped you with that too I do believe putting someone in a Mexican jail is ruining someones life how would you like to spend 48 hours in a mexican jail without representation or like I said you should have hired a Mexican after all you are in Mexico I realize you might not have got what you thought you should, but now you have to suck it up and let it go you got your point across damage done have a heart

#23 cvchief

cvchief

Professional Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts
  • Location:Pennsylvania mostly, though Coz as much as possible

Posted 10 October 2011 - 03:54 PM

The paper said he got put in jail for driving an illegal motorcycle right? Said it had dead California plates and no papers for even being in Mexico? Not for the cabinets?

Are you really saying it is their fault because they should have know better than to hire him?

El Jefe

Wishing I was retiring to Cozumel.....

Casa De Jefe

#24 conchitta

conchitta

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:24 PM

No I am saying you don't sic the Mexican Feds on someone for screwing up kitchen cabinets

#25 cvchief

cvchief

Professional Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:59 PM

Yea, ya sue him. I wouldn't have called it criminal, but I am not versed in the finer points of the Napoleonic Code.... The cops got him cuz he was riding an illegal MC next to a diamond robbery. That could be looked at as really unlucky or maybe karma.

El Jefe

Casa De Jefe

#26 kjy

kjy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 06:58 AM

This one's for you conchitta...I think most others have grasped the story.

This has all come to light since I first posted with great frustration. Jeff claimed he managed 5 propertys here on the island and was also the owner,co-owner,partner or such to a dive company. Someone invested a good chunk of money to join him in the endeavors. Jeff comes to the island with this money, the investor arrives and its all a bunch of bull.

Naturally, Jeff goes on the prowl for property owners, promises them oodles of clients and full rooms. Lands himself free room and board in exchange for clients and work he was going to do to upgrade the houses, build furniture, make repairs, bla bla bla
This doesn't seem to be happening and eyes start to open. People begin to wonder.

He needs customers to dive with. Starts hanging out in local establishments.....in pursuit of customers. He does take some diving. I'm sure people of the dive community have already opened their eyes to this, wondered and have contacted Dan to verify credentials. Eyes are opening wider. Establishments have asked him not to solicit on their property.

He also decides to try his hand at ecology and takes people to dig up the turtle nests. Eyes must have been wide open by this point because I think those nests were empty.

Somewhere along the line he got his hands on some abandoned Harleys, starting driving one and then proceeded to try and sell them! Mind you, it is rumored they have no titles and he arrogantly approached some pretty high up people, eyes popped wide open on this one. A very brazen man.

All the while, he has promised me a beautiful fabulous kitchen and not to worry. I am an easy going person, don't get out that much, am patiently waiting for this to materialize, and give him the benefit of the doubt. I know nothing about the other cr*p he has been trying to get away with.My husband and I demolish the kitchen with the help of hired Mexicans. We prep it and say Ok bring in what you got. He has had 2 weeks to build so far. He claims he has everything bought and is working hard. Well, needless to say he wasn't ready and it took several more days. What he brought was plywood boxes, never sanded with some paint on them. Not acceptable for an inside cabinet. He says we have time to fix that. Next he lays some of the tile. This was known to be extra. He worked on the tile counter and one small part of the wall for 4 days a total of 16 hrs. He later claimed he worked for 26 hours but I wrote everything down and that was bull. He agreed and again said not to worry. Mexicans finished the tile work. I must say the Mexicans start at 7 and work til night. I have the utmost respect for them. He already has a $2300 US by this time, claims he has all the materials bought except the hinges and is working hard, full of sawdust and paint everyday. He claimed he starts at 5am and finishes by 12 or 1 everyday. He informs me he is leaving for the states and will be back next month. (his visa has expired) I asked to see receipts, the materials, what he had done....but he claimed it was spread out over 3 locations and I was not allowed to step foot on the property, only he was able to and that the one man didn't even allow his Mexican friends to walk across his front porch. By this time I am way leary, extemeley worried and quite upset. Again I give him the benefit of the doubt and wait. He returns, I give him 1 week to get settles and then start to ask what is going on, when are you goint to finish, where is the work....Same old same old outlandish stories. I hate confrontations, and my girlfriend approaches him with me and asks the same thing. Same old stories...I'm working everyday. Finally he comes to the gate and says he cant work under these conditions and says he has put in tons and tons of hours and I have what I paid for. Mind you he was here about a total of 6 days working. The rest of the time only claims to working at the other shops. So, that is what I have for that amount of money. A bundle of hard wood was delivered several days later by the company. He had never bought anything and had never been working on anything. I checked with the wood company before he left for the states and he had purchased 300pesos of hard wood. People have looked at the kithcen and feel there is about 1500pesos of wood.

This was when I posted my frustration and stupidity to make others aware that he is a perpetual liar and is just scamming people. I did not sic the police on him. He did this on his own with his brazen, arrogant, big mouth. Once I posted, others started inputting all the other cr*p he has pulled and there is more I'm sure. He chose this path all on his own.

One other story he told me that was quite comical. A week before he came back to Coz he was robbed at gun point in Miami. He turned on the guy, the gun went off, missing him by inches and he crushed the guys windpipe. Then he had to do emergency cpr to keep him alive til the medics arrived. The other guy got away clean with his wallet. The police said not to worry, he could go and they would take care of all the paper work because he was due to come back to Coz. Another story and reason to borrow money???

He should be feeling the cold shoulders and watchful eyes at this point. This island is full of positive energy, good souls and hearts. Amazing things happen here all the time with this energy. It is not often someone like Jeff comes here and tries to pull this sort of cr*p, and if they do, they never stay. I trully feel the positive energy here on the island will squeeze this bad apple and pop him right out of here.

#27 conchitta

conchitta

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 08:55 AM

I understand your frustration and I have grasped your story Good Luck with your kitchen over and out

#28 Spencer

Spencer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 04:14 PM

Hi Kjy - is it possible this is the same Jeff Risch, there are pictures of him at the first link, the 2nd link shows complaint from BBB..Tina

http://www.cadillacn...issue=20080916#

http://www.bbb.org/w...lac-mi-38124316

#29 Charles

Charles

Guru

• Members
  • 3,143 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 04:59 PM

Immigration was notified and they acted quickly. He has no working papers at all, simply a tourist visa for 6 months. They fined him for working here illegally.

You do know this as factual? I'd like a lawyer, possibly with a reporter to ask immigration why he wasn't immediately deported. You should not be able to pass go, collect $200 pesos, it should be straight to the airport under detention until the next plane out. I have seen far worse happen for only minor transgressions. During the years of conflict in Chiapas, deportations were a daily affair. When the Iberostar first opened here, half of the staff were Europeans working without permission. Since they spoke Spanish, they thought they could slide by, wrong! They weren't even allowed to have anyone bring them property while in detention, "your friends can ship your clothes and stuff once you're home".

An offense like this could result in expulsion with a no return for ten years.

#30 kjy

kjy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 06:50 PM

Hi Kjy - is it possible this is the same Jeff Risch, there are pictures of him at the first link, the 2nd link shows complaint from BBB..Tina

http://www.cadillacn...issue=20080916#

http://www.bbb.org/w...lac-mi-38124316

#31 kjy

kjy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 06:51 PM

OMG. That's him! Wow, he indeed is in a pickle...

#32 kjy

kjy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 06:56 PM

You do know this as factual? I'd like a lawyer, possibly with a reporter to ask immigration why he wasn't immediately deported. You should not be able to pass go, collect $200 pesos, it should be straight to the airport under detention until the next plane out. I have seen far worse happen for only minor transgressions. During the years of conflict in Chiapas, deportations were a daily affair. When the Iberostar first opened here, half of the staff were Europeans working without permission. Since they spoke Spanish, they thought they could slide by, wrong! They weren't even allowed to have anyone bring them property while in detention, "your friends can ship your clothes and stuff once you're home".

An offense like this could result in expulsion with a no return for ten years.

#33 kjy

kjy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 07:04 PM

My husband, like me, is quite passive. He did try and find him to talk. It was to no avail and the complaint was filed with immigration. The outcome was a fine, all documented with signed papers on both ends and we will live with this. It was my own stupidity that got us in this situation and we can legally do no more. Now we sit back and know we did the right thing as things slowly come to light. Things will unfold as they should.

#34 cvchief

cvchief

Professional Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 08:56 PM

So why can't you sue him? Go see Gislea!

El Jefe

Casa De Jefe

#35 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:04 PM

Actually, I'm afraid it's not that rare at all to get fleeced as you were. Pretty much everyone who has built a home here -- Mexicans as well as foreigners -- have gotten burned at least once. You actually got off lightly, moneyise compared to many a story I've heard -- and lived through myself, I might add.

I'm glad we have this forum where you can alert people. Not just to this clown but to the fact that people really have to be careful who they trust or to whom they give your business down here.

#36 Hampster

Hampster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:Movies, SCUBA, dogs, friends & fun

Posted 22 October 2011 - 10:30 PM

don't believe everything you read here
there are two sides to every story
in fact, I found a young woman hanging outside of my house which was very suspicious
she never gave me her name
eventually (after much prodding)she told me she was looking for Jeff
turns out it was this Kim who is making this claim

so, whom do we believe???

I also heard that there were sexual inuendos initiated on her part which were not reciprocated - now where do we go?
Hampster

#37 cvchief

cvchief

Professional Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 08:11 AM

:blink:

El Jefe

Casa De Jefe

#38 kjy

kjy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 09:00 AM

Darn tootin right I was looking for him. Who wouldn't have been. You can only cry wolf so many times.....As for the inuendos, hahahaha...only in his dreams. Heck he was hardly ever here. Where and what he was working on from 6am til 1pm is still a mystery. Did get this letter forwarded to me though. Guess lots of eyes are on him now.

Thanks very much for your message. We appreciate your taking the time to notify us of your concerns. We donít have any PADI Instructors or Divemasters in our database with the name Jeff Risch. However, he may be certified as an instructor through some other training organization so you might check with others as well. If he is representing himself as a PADI Instructor, please let us know the details of when and where and to whom he has done so, and please encourage any others to whom he has misrepresented himself to send reports to us as well. Thank you for your help and we hope this matter is resolved there as quickly as possible. Sincerely,Mary Kaye Hester Mary Kaye Hester | Coordinator; Training, Quality Management & Instructor Development | PADI Americas | 30151 Tomas Street | Rancho Santa Margarita, CA 92688-2125
Office: (949) 858-7234 X2388, (800) 729-7234 X2388 | Fax: (949) 267-1255 | mary.kaye.hester@padi.com | www.PADI.com

#39 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 23 October 2011 - 09:37 AM

Darn tootin right I was looking for him. Who wouldn't have been. You can only cry wolf so many times.....As for the inuendos, hahahaha...only in his dreams. Heck he was hardly ever here. Where and what he was working on from 6am til 1pm is still a mystery.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. Ja Ja Ja. That's a very common offensive defense of low life men when they're called out by a woman. "She was a slut hitting on me and I rejected her." Much better than just calling her a b*tch because not only does it discredit her story, but it makes the lowlife who put out the story sound like a sexy catch. Ja Ja some more.

I don't know any of the parties involved in this but when I hear an accusation like that--particularly when so much substantiating evidence has been presented as well--I wouldn't give the 'slut' theory any credence. Feeble and transparent is my judgment call.

This seems more like a case of Hell hath no fury like a woman ripped off.

#40 Coz_Aholic

Coz_Aholic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 733 posts
  • Interests:Travel, Diving, Fishing, and of course FAMILY!

Author of Cozumel The Complete Guide II

Posted 23 October 2011 - 03:45 PM

Hamster I think that was kind of rude to post when you do not know for a fact and take the word of someone who has harmed others.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users