• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Charles

Charles

Guru

• Members
  • 3,143 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:46 AM

Talk to an up to date attorney. There have been a lot of changes in legalities since this thread began. You might then talk to an accountant and see what obligations and costs you can expect.

#22 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,621 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:27 AM

You will need a lawyer to set up the corporation for you.

My lawyer, Gisela Rodriguez set up, and manages both our business, and personal account.

http://www.cozumella...om/profile.html

The cost  to set up the corporation is about $3,500usd's,(give or take)  which would include a working visa.

An Accountant, which will also runs about $1,200 minimum a year.  It is my understanding that a new law (2014) will require that funds are processed through the business, and filing ZERO month after month will no longer be acceptable.

The one thing that has changed is that now a business is required to do electronic facturas. 

As to number of employees, it depends on the type of business it is, if it's brick and mortar, if it is consultant, there are a few "ifs" which is why you need a lawyer.

I would also choose an accountant that your lawyer recommends.  The one thing you don't want is an accountant who doesn't do their job.   Trying to explain to the Hacienda (same as the IRS)  why you have not filed your monthly tax information, or paid taxes will be very difficult.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#23 Ali

Ali

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:36 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users