Construction?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 4aGoodCoz

4aGoodCoz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Travel, food, family and friends.

Posted 13 October 2011 - 09:33 AM

Am heading down this Saturday for a few good (and I hear probably soggy) days of R and R. Have decided at the last minute to rent a car and was just wondering if the road construction on Melgar in front of Mega (if memory serves me right) is completed? We were down last February and had a near head-on one evening with a dune buggy. I'm just trying to be prepared...=)

Any updates would be appreciated. Thanks!

Christie
Christie
"I have to go, I feel Iím sinkin'. I just donít know, but I canít stop thinkin'...Mexico." - Firefall

#2 pecas

pecas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 09:43 AM

No construction on Melgar. That doesn't mean that you won't have any more close calls though....

#3 4aGoodCoz

4aGoodCoz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 09:56 AM

Right on, Pecas! =) Also think I heard somewhere that Melgar parking has changed since our last visit? 8 pm to 8 am and all day Sunday no worries? There are meters now? Still "red" zones? Again, any help would be appreciated. I like surprises, just not in the form of a booted tire on vacation.
Christie
"I have to go, I feel Iím sinkin'. I just donít know, but I canít stop thinkin'...Mexico." - Firefall

#4 henribos

henribos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Interests:snorkeling, golf, reading, cooking

Posted 13 October 2011 - 10:56 AM

Hi Christie,
Yes, there are meters on Melgar. They are the ones that you put your pesos in and get a ticket for the amount of time that you purchased which goes on the dash of your car. I have heard that the fellows with the boots are pretty vigilant so you need to make sure you get back to your car before the allotted time is up. Also, some of the meters appear to take only 1 or 2 peso coins, at 12 pesos per hour, that can get pretty tedious!

On the upside, there are usually lots of parking spaces available except on Sunday, when the parking is free.

#5 zman96

zman96

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 05:50 PM

Make sure to lock the doors of your car if you have a ticket on the dashboard so it doesn't get swiped. It is very easy to park on Melgar now and the few machines that we used did take 10 peso coins. We did stay at Vista del Mar and we regularly saw a pair of guys with a box full of boots looking for expired tickets.

#6 4aGoodCoz

4aGoodCoz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 09:49 PM

Thanks so much for the info!
Christie

#7 nauticab

nauticab

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 09:52 PM

parking is free on sundays, as mentioned, and after 8pm. so if you are parking at 7pm and plan on staying til 9 or 10, you only need to pay for one hour.
Cabrilla's Sport Center
Calle 11 % Melgar y 10av
Edificio Portales, Local 1
Dressing Fishermen and Triathletes from Head to Toe

#8 Shrout1

Shrout1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 03:16 PM

Guess you're there and back by now :P

We got home last night - no construction in front of Mega.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users