• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 MarkC

MarkC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 09:45 AM

Has anyone kissed a mole today? They need love too!

:wub:
“Corona con lima, Corona with lime... Todo el tiempo, hey all of the time... Con mucho gusto, I’m havin such a good time... Corona con lima, Corona with lime...”

#42 Coz girl

Coz girl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:29 PM

Ohhhh - Cabrilla, Mister Taco has the best, best, best tacos el pastor EVER! I can't get enough of them. Martin thinks it is hillarious that I crave them like mad when I am in the states. I told him the only man he has to worry about me leaving him for is the guy that works there and serves me my tacos. :-) I heart him. jejeje
Now my mouth is watering and next week can't get here soon enough!

Don't mean to hijack the mole thread. It isn't really my thing, but Martin LOVES it so I need to learn how to make it, I guess. I think I have the best maestro in el mundo - mi suegra.
Julie

#43 Guest_Jaccob2_*

Guest_Jaccob2_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 November 2011 - 12:58 AM

I love Mole' Poblano...so what can I say but "It tastes delicious"! Mole' ("moh-lay") is basically a variety of "sauces" from the region of Oaxaca ("Wo-hah-ka"), Mexico. There are as many recipes as the day is long and it is usually served with meat (mostly poultry: either chicken or turkey). Some mole' recipes have 20+ ingredients in it!! Everyone has their own way of making it. However, my favorite mole' poblano has characteristics that are much as you described: sweet, spicy, smokey, rich, and very distinctive. Ingredients would include: Poblano chile, canela cinnamon, black peppercorns, sometimes pumpkin seeds (pepitas) sometimes chocolate & sometimes peanut butter. Know that everyone will always say their recipe is the best or "don't use this or don't use that". I just say, Eat it and Enjoy. Even words just don't do it justice...so I suggest you sample some very soon. Either to to a Mexican restaurant (the more authentic the better) and try it. Chicken Enchiladas with Mole' Poblano is a great entree to start with. Or if you like trying to make new things in the kitchen, head out to a Latin/Mexican market and pick up some premade mole poblano in the jar...I belive "Abuelitas" is a good brand (yellow label if I'm not mistaken). Then, pan fry some chicken (with the skin & bones) and simmer the pcs. in the rich mole'. Serve it with some spanish rice, plain rice or tortillas and refried beans. I think you will really enjoy it. If you research the topic of Mole' on Wikiipedia...there's some decent info on it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users