• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Karen1215

Karen1215

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:20 PM

I'm renting a car and have booked a few nights in Playa del Carmen and a few nights on Cozumel in early Jan. 2012. What town does the car ferry come from and how much $ can I expect to pay and what times does it run?
Thanks for your help!!

#2 mslf500

mslf500

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Interests:Snow boarding, Diving, Spearfishing, Driving Formula Cars really fast, Mountain biking.

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:46 PM

Best bet is to skip the car ferry altogether and take the people ferry. Just rent a car on the side you are on.

The ferry is expensive and slow. While your rental contract may say you cannot take the car off the island, there is no one there to stop you from crossing the channel

www.CozumelCondominium.com
Nah Ha 602

#3 2islandbums

2islandbums

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Interests:Diving/ working to get dive money.

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:51 PM

The ferry leaves for Playa del Carmen or the be exact just south of Playa take the 307 south toward tulum. It is no more than 4 or 5 min out of town.
You will need to be watching of the signs if you make it to an overpass you went about 150 yards to far.
You should see a small guard house and a man will ask you where you are going even though the ferry only goes to Cozumel. :o
The cost of a car and driver is 380pesos and each person in 60 pesos. Get there early 30 to 45 min should do the trick. Sunday and Monday only have two times 8am and 6pm. The 6 is busy so maybe a hour before.
I think all other days are 8,130,6
Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.

Albert Einstein,

#4 budaman

budaman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:10 AM

Here's link to my report from our ferry trip in April.

http://www.cozumelmy...?showtopic=1771

It was actually a pleasant & interesting experience. But, it will take up a good part of the day & you need to watch your times carefully.

Mike

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users