• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jim58

Jim58

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:55 AM

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the avg monthly electric bill for a two bedroom home, running the A/c all day?

#2 DebB

DebB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:27 AM

Thousands of pesos!

The tariff changes with each billing cycle and is published on CFE's website: http://www.cfe.gob.m...cetutarifa.aspx

The AC would put you over the usage level for discounts -- Cozumel is Tarifa "1B" -- so you would be billed as tarifa "DAC."

Our region is Sur y Penninsular

Each month you pay the Cargo Fijo plus usage per KwH. But there's a rub: You're billed every two months, so you double the Cargo and pay for all of your two months of usage at the prevailing rate on your billing date.

The published rate is but a general idea of your actual bill.
Adjustments are made for high-usage customers (rates are even higher) and taxes are added to the entire bill.

DAC customers receive no government subsidies (which reduce the total payment) on their invoices.

#3 TreeSon

TreeSon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:57 AM

I would say 2 br. using air all day would be about $600 - $700 a month.

#4 Kandy

Kandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying retired life!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:07 PM

I have a 4-BR condo in the zone with the highest rates. My bills come monthly. This month's bill was under $300 (I think it was $280), and the month before was $360. My highest bill in the past year was $502. I keep my two central air units set on 77 during the day and turn the one that supplies air to my bedroom down to 75 at night. I also have ceiling fans that run all day in most rooms of the house.

Don't know if this is of any help since I have central A/C rather than mini splits or window units. I would think those setups would be cheaper than what I pay, though.

Kandy
Living the Dream in Cozumel

#5 sailsgal

sailsgal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Interests:diving, writing, water sports, sailing, travel.

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:19 PM

Our highest bill for two months in July / August was what Kandy paid in one month...but we have LG mini splits, not central air, gas dryer, gas hot water on demand heater and a gas stove. Plus two fridges and a wine cooler. We have ceiling fans going in all rooms plus some stand alone fans as needed. Our house has very good air flow which helps. In cooler months our bill averages about $100.00 US$ per month.
Susan aka Sailsgal
www.cozumeltours.com

#6 Jim58

Jim58

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 09:18 AM

Good morning

Thank you all for your response it did help. It appears the two highest cost to live there is electricity and medical insurance. We are gathering information to see what it will cost a month to live there if we buy a house. Again thank you all for your help. I seen on one site that it helps to volunteer once your there, if so do they have a volunteer fire department?

Thank you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users