7 replies to this topic

#1 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 08:32 PM

I'm only supposed to be here for a few days. I came down for the hurricane but it didn't happen. I still have a little clean up and a couple other things to do at the house so it won't be long before I am leaving. The water went down a little over night. It looks like it is going to be a nice day. I took a shower in the back yard. I finally remembered that I had a hook up for a washer and dryer out back so hooked the hose up to the hot water spigot and all was good.

Posted Image

I took a drive around town and all seems to be in good shape.

Posted Image

The people ferry is running again.

Posted Image

I stopped by Dave's and we tried to take a drive to the other side of the island. We tried the south side first but that was blocked off past the hotel zone then tried the cross island road. That was also blocked past the ruins. I don't understand why they wouldn't let us go around but Melgar was looking good. I went home and spent the rest of the day cleaning.

Posted Image

The next few days went by quick. We got to drive around the island and the beaches looked the cleanest I have ever seen them. The photos don't show it but they looked beautiful.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I still wanted to clean the cabinets in the kitchen. They had all this white mold growing on them. I grows on all the wood in the house.

Posted Image]

I don't know if I got all of it but gave it a try. I hate cleaning.

Posted Image

I also cut down the front door so it won't swell shut anymore. That can take awhile because you have to locate the tools necessary then borrow them.

Posted Image

#2 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 08:33 PM

My key for the entry lock didn't work so I took it down to the new key place on 30th. I had to wait about 15 minutes while the daughter called her father and had him come down to help me out. I had the lock with me and he had it apart and made a new key by hand in less than 10 minutes. The guy was terrific. Cost me $150 pesos.

Posted Image

Posted Image

A few of the afternoons after a hard day of working at home were spent at Woody's having a few beers.

Posted Image

I happened to be there when a guy proposed to his wife. He got down on his knees and did what was expected of him. Mauro was playing the background music. Everyone had a tear in their eye. It was very nice.

Posted Image

Gandhi was even having a good time.

Posted Image

I stopped by to say hello to Gene at kelly's.

Posted Image

The town square is still kind of dead with not much going on.

Posted Image

I was getting bored so stopped by the movies to see what was playing. Nothing that I was interested in. I am still listening to my one radio station at home.

Posted Image

I am still cooking my meals at home but had a taste for fried chicken on Halloween. I stopped by the Bodega and bought a box of 4 pieces for about $38 pesos. Their chicken is good.

Posted Image

All the cashiers were dressed up for Halloween. I even bought a bag of candy to give out but didn't have anyone come over.

Posted Image

Seeing as I have been working hard these past few days and have to leave soon, I thought it a good idea to take a small vacation for a little R&R. Tomorrow David and I are going to Isla Holbox, Rio Lagartos, and Valladolid for a few days.

#3 minneSNOWta

minneSNOWta

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 09:33 PM

Steve-it was nice to finally meet you. I am the one who poked her head out of David's van on Rina day, in the afternoon.
The beaches on the east side did appear to be cleaner but upon further inspection by us...the trash had just been covered by the blowing sand. :( There was a lot of good seaglass to be found tho and some other little washed up treasures I brought home to remind me of my first Tropical Storm.
I love how your girlfriend is just like, "oh, ok, ur going to CZM to try to experience a hurricane, sure thing hon, perfectly normal to want to do that, have a great time!"
I look forward to reading about and seeing pics of your trip to Holbox with David.

#4 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 10:07 PM

It was good to say hello. I was going to come over for a drink but I thought better of it. I had already had a few and was at the point where I didn't trust myself driving.

Along with the sea glass do you ever collect Sea Beans? I've got a whole collection of those along with my collection of doll parts.

#5 minneSNOWta

minneSNOWta

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 07:35 AM

Sea Beans??? Please post a pic - I think I know what you are talking about, but not sure.
Doll parts huh? you find a lot of those?
I was racking my brain trying to figure out something I could do with shoes/flip flops - all those singles with no mate. A pity.

#6 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 08:26 AM

http://www.seabean.com/

#7 minneSNOWta

minneSNOWta

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:14 AM

huh, well imagine that - I have some, just didn't know what they were. I think I shall plant them and see what happens.
Gracias Steve!

#8 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 02:47 PM

My friend Paula has a bucket on her patio where she puts the flip flops and calls it The Lost Soles.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users