7 replies to this topic

#1 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 09:05 PM

It wasn't to late when we got up and went to look for a place for breakfast. Normally we eat at the place on the corner from the hotel but today we walked down to the Meson San Miguel hotel to try out their food. There were a few people there and the gardens seemed nice. There are many reviews on this place but it's a little out of the price bracket I travel on.

Posted Image

I ordered eggs over easy with bacon. It's one of the few times I have ever ordered eggs that way and have had them cooked the way they are supposed to be. I thought the price of $70 pesos a little high. I guess I am having a hard time adjusting to the prices going up.

Posted Image

After breakfast we checked out of the hotel and went to the Mercado. We had plenty of time to kill before getting to the car ferry. Today is Sunday and only two go to Cozumel. One in the morning and one at 6:00pm. No hurry to get anywhere.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Dave bought a few items but there was nothing that I needed. We headed out towards the Coba road. Stopped for beer and ice before visiting Trudy at her place. She didn't know we were coming and had had a bad cold for a few days so we only stayed a little while before going to Tulum. We stopped at Camello's for something to eat. It was packed as usual.

Posted Image

I had my shrimp cocktail. The new price is $100 pesos. I had plenty of shrimp but the sauce left something to be desired. Mine are better. I'll go to Los Pepe's next time.

Posted Image

Still having time to spare, we headed towards the beach. There is a new Chredaui's before the fire station on the Boca Paila road. I didn't stop in but it looked like a nice store.

Posted Image

We hung around the beach for a while. The surf was up a little but is was a beautiful day.

Posted Image

We made it to Calica with plenty of time to spare. It was a short but good vacation from island life.

Posted Image

#2 cdlu

cdlu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:37 AM

Is this the last of your Chasing Storm report? :( I have enjoyed every picture you posted.
Cindy

#3 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 05:17 PM

I was planning a couple more then I got an Xp Security Center virus. I had it a few years ago and it is a bitch to manually remove. I decided to just re-install my operating system then take care of the other programs that wern't working right. I thinl I have it fixed now so will see what I can do to finish the report. Thanks for reading.

#4 diveguy1

diveguy1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:35 PM

Steve,

>> I ordered eggs over easy with bacon. It's one of the few times I have ever ordered eggs that way and have had them cooked the way they are supposed to be. <<

I've tried to order eggs over easy EVERY TIME I'M in Coz and never have had them done properly. What's the secret? I can order fried eggs: Quiero que mis huevos fritos .... over easy? volteados? I susally wind up with heavily fried sunny side up eggs... I'll usually just eat what I get :rolleyes:

Love the pics!

Bob

#5 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 06:27 PM

I've asked so many people how to order eggs over easy and what they tell me never works out right. Sometimes you just want to go into the kitchen and cook them yourself. The eggs you saw in the photo are an exception. The hotel is visited by many American tourists so someone thought it worthwile to learn how to make them. I've tried this with some success. Huevos fritos volteados suave along with some hand movements. Good luck. For something different tryto order a soft boiled egg. That's how I lost my hair.

#6 Astoria Fiero

Astoria Fiero

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Travel, automobile hobby- restoration, and collection.

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:18 PM

Steve,
My wife speaks Spanish and likes her eggs over easy. She thinks you should try "Huevos voltiados tiernos". Not a direct translations, but tiernos is supposed to mean "tenderly". No guarantees! I just get them scrambled-and of course, I can barely order in Spanish anyway.

#7 Tomas

Tomas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Interests:Scuba diving, travel, books, food, culture, people, fish, art, the world.

Posted 19 January 2012 - 04:19 PM

Steve,
Thanks for keeping up with the awesome pics and stories. Got a question for you. How do you make your own shrimp coctails? I've had a couple good ones on Cozumel, but lookng for recipes...
Thanks!
Tom
I'm a fish!

#8 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 06:05 PM

You can put in whatever you want. I use diced roma or plum tomatoes, diced onions, cilantro, and avocado. Don't forget the shrimp. The secret is in the sauce. That is made from ketchup and orange juice or ketchup and orange pop. If I am making 6 cocktails I will use a large bottle of ketchup then dilute it to the consistancy I want by using orange juice or pop. It's pretty easy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users