Local Pronunciation Of Cozumel Palace

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Eliza_*

Guest_Eliza_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:04 PM

Hola,

Just wondering how locals (taxi drivers and such) refer to Cozumal Palace. Is it Palacio Cozumel, Cozumel Palacio, and if Cozumel Palace, is Palace pronounced as in English or Pa la ca (long a sound at end). Thanks, looking forward to my visit in mid December. Have not been to Cozumel for about 15 years.

#2 Guest_Eliza_*

Guest_Eliza_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:11 PM

Please excuse the typo. Cozumel. :)

#3 TRAVELER89

TRAVELER89

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:44 PM

Just ask for "Hotel Cozumel Palace", Cozumel Palacio will likely get you to the city hall. Hope you enjoy your stay, you will fine many many changes!!!!!

T.

#4 Guest_Eliza_*

Guest_Eliza_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:56 PM

I stayed at this hotel when it was Plaza Las Glorias.

#5 Eliza

Eliza

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 07:00 PM

HaHa ! City hall. Thanks for the good wishes. I will only be down for about a week. From looking at the photos and such Cozumel has really grown up into a cushy place to visit. Cruise ship piers, megastores, movie theaters, multistory condos, even a marina. I sailed down to Cozumel in 95 from Florida. We stopped in Isla Mujeres and then Cozumel. I still remember my first sight of the beautiful clear waters in that area when we sailed in between Isla and Cancun. I drove around what I could of the Cozumel then. Nothing much on the east side at all. And nearest marina was Puerto Aventuras. Staying at Plaza Las Glorias was a nice break from the boat.
Do you have any recommdations for local watering holes and at which times/days I should visit them ?
I would also like to check out some rentals for the future, if my visit goes well. One bedroom, ocean view near someplace that I can get into the water. Prefer to avoid renting/driving car (I like to leave it up to the experts and taxis seem plentiful and relatively inexpensive).
Thanks. This site has been really helpful to me. And very friendly people.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users