12 replies to this topic

#1 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 04 December 2011 - 02:38 PM

My Swiss friend, Rosi Flury, has turned her cute little furnished studio units from daily rates to long term. They are very clean, compact and comfortable. Perfect for a couple or single. Hard to find longer term rentals of small places that are fully furnished and real clean. But here are two.

One is a furnished one bedroom/studio for $3,700 pesos/mo.. for stays of 6 weeks or longer The other if $4,500 pesos/month, a one bedroom, with a loft bedroom and full sized bed. kitchen and living area downstairs. This rate is for stays of 6 weeks or longer.

Both include: ceiling fan, AC unit, cable tv and internet, towells and sheets and all dish and cook ware, completely furnished, once a week maid service. Easy parking including some possibly off street if desired. Only thing not included is electricity and water. Each unit has it's own electric meter.

Stays of 6 weeks or longer, your bill will come while you are there and you can pay it directly.

Stays of one to two months are charged at $25/day for 1-2 people and this includes electricity and water.

Location is good -- 55 Bis I believe it is. Two blocks south of Calle 11.

If you would like more information, contact Rosi at kuda1@hotmail.com

#2 lss96

lss96

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:Diving

Posted 09 December 2011 - 04:48 PM

Go through or contact a Property Management office there are several in Cozumel. We did that and got a pretty good deal for a nice condo, for much cheaper then the above rates, Just google.

#3 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 05:13 PM

The prices quoted are in PESOS in case you hadn't figured that out. That's a very good rate actually especially for a single or a young couple.

#4 Kandy

Kandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying retired life!

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:33 PM

I agree, Carey! Those rates are EXTREMELY reasonable. At an exchange rate of 13.5, that's about $275 and $330 each, and it includes ALL utilities! I'd jump on it if I were looking for a place!

Kandy
Living the Dream in Cozumel

#5 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 07:32 AM

It's a good deal. I agree, Kandy. However, it doesn't include electric or water. However, she's had individual meters installed in each unit so none of this divying up the electric bill amongst the renters which you see a lot down here and would be, I'm sure, some cause for contention. Particularly in cases where, for example, one renter used the AC a lot and another didn't. Same size units but one occupant is running the electric bill way up which then has to be split 50/50. Messy and not fun but the way a lot of places work this kind of thing because getting individual meters installed is a Huge bureaucratic hassle not to mention a very considerable expense.

#6 lss96

lss96

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:Diving

Posted 10 December 2011 - 10:37 AM

Yes I missed that sorry, I guess it must be hard to be perfect like some..

#7 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,621 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 03:09 PM

this is a great deal...it is something that long time visitors would jump at. I have friends who visit 4, 5, 6 times a year...they want a place like this. It will be kept up, clean, safe and won't be rented when they arn't looking ( terrible that a few PM's do that)

The only property manager that I would trust is Jimmy and Laurie Anderson. Not only to rent from, but to manage my property.

Homeowners, to cut out abuse by a PM, make sure your on line with the CFE...can't hide usage.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#8 Hooked on Coz

Hooked on Coz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:Scuba, Sky Diving, Riding my Fatboy

Posted 10 December 2011 - 04:38 PM

Hola,
Do you have a contact/ website that I may contact Jimmy and Laurie Anderson regarding a rental?

#9 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,621 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 05:25 PM

Jimmy and Laurie's contact information.
http://www.cozumelrentalhomes.com/

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#10 Hooked on Coz

Hooked on Coz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:Scuba, Sky Diving, Riding my Fatboy

Posted 11 December 2011 - 12:27 AM

Thank you very much. :D

#11 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 07:21 AM

Well, Rosi owns these units and manages them herself. She's Swiss. Need I say more about the level of efficiency, cleanliness and organization? You couldn't ask for a better landlady. When she says your maid will be coming every Friday from 10 to 1, that lady will be there. Now, that may not seem like much to someone who hasn't experienced life on the island longer-term. But believa me, it's kind of rare in these parts to get that kind of timeliness and reliability.

#12 pjgoris

pjgoris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:11 PM

Carey
Are these still available and does Rosi speak English. Have some friends that are interested. Please email me THanks so much

are these still available. Have friends interested..please send me an email thanks

#13 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 03:30 PM

Rosi speaks 5 languages being Swiss and all. And English is one of them. No worries there. I don't know if she has rented all her cute little places or not but you can ask her by writing her a kuda1@hotmail.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users