• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 billman

billman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 02:01 PM

I would like to take this opportunity to introduce you to a long time friend of mine, Francisco Javier uc chan (Pancho) who has recently started his own diving business in Cozumel. I have been diving with Pancho for a long time. Due to a disability my wife and I have been unable to return to Cozumel since 2008. He is a completely certified dive master and a native of the Yucatan. The main thing about Pancho is that he is genuinely a nice person. He will work with you and your diving interests. If he cannot provide what you need, he will tell you up front. I have witnessed his efforts to provide for the safety of his customers when he was with Sea Urchin and I canít imagine it has changed now that he is on his own. I am in contact with Pancho and his family on a weekly basis even though it does not appear that we can return. He always answers. He has bought the boat, Makumba, from his previous employer at Sea Urchin but at this time is renting boats from those who have permits into the marine parke area. Pancho can be reached by e-mail @ Francisco Javier uc chan panchobugui@hotmail.com. He has a cell phone; 044-9878785131 but I would suggest that you use the e-mail address to contact him. If you have any difficulty contacting Pancho, please contact me @ billmanship@verizon.net and I will make sure the message gets relayed. I really want to see Pancho succeed. He is a neat guy, and dedicated to pleasing his customers and making sure that their dive experience is safe. It is a small operation and everything is set up to provide service to divers based on their experience level. You wonít be disappointed.[/font][/b]

#2 Coz_Aholic

Coz_Aholic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 733 posts
  • Interests:Travel, Diving, Fishing, and of course FAMILY!

Author of Cozumel The Complete Guide II

Posted 17 March 2010 - 04:59 PM

If he bought the Makumba, did Jorge get another bpoat, is Sea Urchin still operating?

#3 billman

billman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 06:16 PM

As best as I can tell, Jorge sold Makumba to Pancho but still retains the Sea Urchin name. It is my understanding that Jorge is now working in Playa del Carmen with his girlfriend in the jewelry business. Anyone who wants to dive with Sea Urchin is being referred to other dive operators. This the latest information I have been able to get. I used to talk w/Jorge frequently, but have not tried to e-mail him for awhile. Seems like he is concentrating on the jewlry business with his girlfriend. I hope that I have answered your question. I dove with Sea Urchin for a long time even back to when Isidro owned it. Hate to see things the way they are, but Pancho is a really good guy and helped me a lot when I first started having problems with arthritis which has unfortunately gotten significantly worse. If there is anything else that I can help you with let me know.

#4 DanB

DanB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 484 posts
  • Interests:Dan:history/culture;scuba diving;photography;music; Claudia:artist

Posted 17 March 2010 - 08:31 PM

Bill, I'm glad to see your post about Pancho starting up his own dive operation. I have dove with Pancho about twice a year for the last few years and consider him a good friend. I too email Pancho a couple times a month to stay in touch. I wanted to echo your recommendation and wish him the best with his new dive company.

#5 manolis

manolis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 01:17 AM

were can I see the prizes ?

#6 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 10:00 AM

are you asking for the PRICE of a dive...?

Prizes mean gifts...

A two tank dive runs between $55 and $65 usd's per two tank vie

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#7 billman

billman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 10:14 AM

Check Pancho's Diving adventures; here is his website. http://PanchoDivingAdventures.com

Bill

#8 BlueWaterPrincessa

BlueWaterPrincessa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 09:55 PM

Many of the popular shops are actually in the $70 - $90 range I don't think anyone is offering dives for less than $65 anymore and the price will vary depending on the service you are getting and what special extras they proivide

#9 billman

billman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 12:55 AM

Here is the website for a longtime friend; http://panchodivingadventures.com/. His prices are comparable or even better than other dive operators on the island. Business is slow, very slow for all operators now and will provide excellent prices just to working if you negotiate with them. If you are interested in good quality service Pancho will provide you that. If you are planning to go soon, you should try and contact him soon. He is going to dive for octupus and fish with relatives in San Felipe, MX to supplement his income shortly if he doesn't get some bookings. Let me know if you are interested in his service. I am in touch with him all the time. If you are responding to another post so be it.

Bill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users