Weather In January

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Macner_*

Guest_Macner_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:46 PM

My husband and I will be there for a week starting 6 Jan 11 and I was just wandering what I should expect with the weather. I have been on the 10 forecast and it looks like they are having quite a bit of rain. I was also wandering what kind of clothes I should pack should I pack for this time of year?

#2 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:04 AM

The weather is at its most glorious in January. With any luck at all, you'll miss one of our frequent nortes at this time of the year and enjoy weather in the mid to high 70's possibly going up to around 82. If a norte hits, you might get half a day or less of rain and another day or two of strong winds without rain. So bring your lightest weight clothes -- cotton lawn is great, polo shirts are too hot, sleeveless is good, light rayon is good. and then maybe toss in a light wind breaker just in case and some water proof sandals. A hat is a good idea but you can buy one here. Hat is for sun shade and will also help if you wear glasses and it rains.

Bring very dark sunglasses, too, or plan to buy a pair here. It is very bright. I live here and wear dark sunglasses from the time I get up until the sun goes down.

#3 gkreese

gkreese

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:45 PM

Kind of the same question on weather, we are coming down next week 12/26 - 1/2 and the weather looks depressing! just wondering if we can believe the forecast??? says pretty much rain all week! been watching the weather for past couple of weeks and looks like Cozumel is in rainy season?

#4 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 21 December 2011 - 03:25 PM

There is really no way to know. It can be pouring rain on one part of the island and sunny somewhere else. And the rain tends not to last very long. Yesterday, for example, it was overcast for part of the day but then very sunny and lovely and cool for the rest. Then at night it rained hard for about an hour. Today it is overcast with patches of sunlight coming through but no rain as yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users