• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 amocksun

amocksun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 03:43 PM

Hi everyone! I'm coming to Cozumel, unfortunately for half a day, for my honeymoon in May. We're either going to spend the day seeing Tulum, or go to San Gervasio and then back onto the island. If we do that, we'd really love to find beach party, preferably with an open bar. Carnival hosts some like that with kayaks and floats and stuff, but they're all over with at 6 or 7. We wouldn't be able to go to one until about 7. A friend of mine said when she visited before she found one that was about $10 (she wasn't sure) that included an open bar.

Are there any like that, that we could just walk over to on our own once we get back from the ruins? Thanks!

#2 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 18 March 2010 - 06:47 PM

If you've only got one day, don't go all the way over to Tulum! You'll be exhausted when you get back and won't want to do antying.

Save yourself some money and hire a taxi for an island tour. San Gervasio ruins are very small compared to Tulum (and Tulum is pretty teeny too although it has a spectacular vista.) But the ruins are interesting and they're on the way to the uncultvated wild side of the island which also has some beautiful vistas and nice little beach places to stop and enjoy.

If you want to socialize with other cruisers and that's what you mean by a 'beach party' than this won't be the way to do it. But if you are a bit adventurous, this would be a more relaxing option in my opinion and it will save you some bucks. The cruiseship sponsored tours are always the most expensive things around and you're also invariably packed in with a ton of other people so they can make the most money out of each group. Generally not a terribly mellow experience, truth be told.

#3 Guest_pecosgirl_*

Guest_pecosgirl_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2010 - 09:00 PM

You won't find anything for 10 bucks.
There are some beach clubs that have an all inclusive entry fee for the day.

#4 amocksun

amocksun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 11:27 PM

Thanks! I'm not worried about the price. I'd like an open bar, but it doesn't have to be one. It can just be a place where people gather on the beach and drink. Do you know of anywhere like that?

#5 mslf500

mslf500

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Interests:Snow boarding, Diving, Spearfishing, Driving Formula Cars really fast, Mountain biking.

Posted 19 March 2010 - 11:04 AM

Pretty much any beach bar you can find people, sand and drinks.

Ones that offer an AI package include:

Passion Island on the north end,
Nachi Cocom,
Mr. Sancho's (a possible AI package?)
UVAS

If you want a beach review of all the places, including some non-AI's that can get boisterous, click on this link and download some reviews we've put together. It's a pdf file:

http://www.cozumelco...ach_reviews.pdf

www.CozumelCondominium.com
Nah Ha 602

#6 amocksun

amocksun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 04:15 PM

Wow, awesome! Thanks, that's a great resource. I think I may print this out before we go! I'm SOO excited!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users