9 replies to this topic

#1 broylance

broylance

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 11:37 AM

Hi,
We are looking for a condo or villa for 2 in town or within walking distance (1 mile or less). Airfare is booked for 2/25 - 3/4. Would like a large pool and full kitchen. We would like to keep the budget $900/week or less. Any advice? I have looked at tons of places on line but it's more comforting to have someones first hand knowledge.
Thanks in advance for any input.

#2 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 27 December 2011 - 12:52 PM

You might give us a list of 4 or 5 candidates you've seen online and we can input what we know about the location and possibly even the property in question. I will say that Las Ventanas ??? the condo complex located in town at the north end of town would seem to fit your needs although I don't know the pricing. Location is quiet and excellent and there is a large group pool.

I've always liked Villa Selva on Ave 15 but again, don't know the rates except that its a two bedroom.

There are also quite a few to choose from in the Corpus Christi area.

#3 broylance

broylance

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 01:20 PM

Carey,
Thanks for the reply. I tried to google Villa Selva. I found it on a few sites but when I clicked on it said the page was outdated. We have stayed at Las Ventanas before and loved it but it's a little more than we wanted to spend this trip. It lists at $1200 for the week before taxes. A few that I've seen are Casa Deja Blue, Casa Martillo and Summer Place Inn. I was also looking at Casa Tres Palmas but even with their special right now it's a little high.
Right now we can get a studio at El Cantil which is the only place in town where we can be on the water but it's only a studio with no kitchen. Right now we are leaning in that direction but would still like to find some place with more room.
Thanks

#4 jic811

jic811

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 02:04 PM

look at this! http://cozumelrentalcondos.com/
They are 10 blocks from Melger and great units and hosts

#5 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 27 December 2011 - 04:47 PM

I assume the el cantil unit has a mini fridge? In which case you could keep drinks and sandwich fixings you buy at the groceries plus fruit and other snacks chilled and then eat out the rest of the time.

Coffee machine would be a must as well. I would ask about a coffee machine and a mini fridge. Mini fridge is a total must. A hot plate and a coffee machine you could purchase and leave behind for the money it would save you.

#6 budaman

budaman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 05:08 PM

I can vouch for Summer Place Inn.....great people & good location.

We missed being able to accomodate you by a day.

http://www.cozumelsu...la/Welcome.html

Mike

#7 Kandy

Kandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying retired life!

Posted 27 December 2011 - 06:28 PM

The studios at El Cantil are nice - I stayed in one about 3 years ago. It's just like a hotel room. There is a mini fridge, but I don't recall a coffee maker. I know for a fact there is no hot plate. There is, however, a microwave. The room is very comfortable, but there is no ocean view really because it is on the street side of the building. Check out the 1-BR there as an alternative.

Kandy
Living the Dream in Cozumel

#8 sailsgal

sailsgal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Interests:diving, writing, water sports, sailing, travel.

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:43 PM

Contact Karen at Cedral homes...she has a nice two bedroom with a pool and great kitchen in a nice area of Corpus Christi...not sure of the rate but close to what you are wanting I am sure..
Her cell # is 987-103-5722
Susan aka Sailsgal
www.cozumeltours.com

#9 DanB

DanB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 484 posts
  • Interests:Dan:history/culture;scuba diving;photography;music; Claudia:artist

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:51 PM

Casa Coral is a group of 3 2-bedroom condos with a private shared pool around avenue 40 and calle 8 or 10. Website is www.micasacozumel.com. Price per week is under $400. Another one I've rented before is Casa Blanca (on calle 5 between avenues 20 and 25). It has a decent sized pool which is totally private to the house. See it at www.cozumelvillas.com. I understand that the house was recently sold from the owner when I was there but its a very nice place and goes for $850 (high or low season) Good luck. Have a great time.

#10 broylance

broylance

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:32 PM

Thanks for all of the responses. We have decided on the studio at El Cantil. Can't pass up being in town, the nice pool and on the water. Being right across the street from Chedraui is another bonus. Looking forward to 8 glorious nights in Cozumel.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users