26 replies to this topic

#21 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:36 PM

Hey Mark...How was the trip in May and September?

Paula..Are you serious? I'll go. It will have to be in March or early April. I want to be around on Cozumel for Carnaval and have a few days on the island before I leave again. I have another road trip planned but no dates yet and I am always ready to go somewhere else. I can do two road trips while I am there. I don't know what organization you need. Pack some clothes, put a few dollars in your pocket, pick a day, and leave. Pesos are hard to get rid of in Belize so you only need enough for the travel time in Mexico. There are ATM's in Belize. I can't afford expensive hotels so anything with a bed, hot water, and a toilet will have to do. Preferably on the beach. If you prefer a better hotel I'll sleep outside in my hammock on the balcony, deck, or beach as long as I can use the washroom and shower.

#22 cvchief

cvchief

Professional Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts
  • Location:Pennsylvania mostly, though Coz as much as possible

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:12 PM

Steve, you have this road trip thing down!

El Jefe

Wishing I was retiring to Cozumel.....

Casa De Jefe

#23 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:35 PM

cvchief...I don't know if I have it down but to me if you have to plan a trip and know what you are going to do or where you are going to stay you might as well take a tour. It takes all the fun out of the trip. Tours are to regimental. I think they try to recreate an experience that has happened before and you can't do that. Every road trip has it's own ups and downs. By not having any plans or expectations every trip is different. It kind of stirs up the pot a little. It's something that you will remember anyway, good or bad.

#24 MarkC

MarkC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:13 AM

My bad - typeo... The 10 in CZ will be in May, the 10 in BZE will be in Sept, so it hasn't happened yet.. :D

Still in planning and research mode for bze, trying to learn what to expect, etc.
“Corona con lima, Corona with lime... Todo el tiempo, hey all of the time... Con mucho gusto, I’m havin such a good time... Corona con lima, Corona with lime...”

#25 jsmflake

jsmflake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Interests:Cozumel
    Travel
    Gardening
    Reading

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:54 PM

Paula, I would be up for doing this if I could talk Denny into leaving the island. Maybe you could help me!

#26 scubawoman

scubawoman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:27 PM

Don't forget, if you are 60 + and have the Mexican senior card, your bus fare will be half-price on ADO.
"Friends are family we choose for ourselves!" Scubawoman

#27 Dan&Brenda

Dan&Brenda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:51 AM

This sounds like a ton of fun!! Wish my wife and I would be there at that time. We'd be in for sure!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users