6 replies to this topic

#1 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:04 PM

I am counting five locally-based friends so far who have me in their address book and had their hotmail accounts hacked so that they sent spam emails out to all their contacts.

If you get an email from any friend that asks you to click on a link, don't do it. Delete from inbox as well as from trash can. And if you have a hotmail account, it wouldn't be a bad idea to go on in and change your password.

#2 2islandbums

2islandbums

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Interests:Diving/ working to get dive money.

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:10 PM

Make that six that you know I got hacked about three weeks ago.
Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.

Albert Einstein,

#3 KAC

KAC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:27 PM

I too was hacked three weeks ago by an email from a friend with instructions to click on a link. It sent so much spam from my email account that they froze my account. I have a large contact base because of my business and Windows live locked up my account because of the amount of spam....too bad it didn`t catch the stuff coming in.

#4 dawnb

dawnb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 589 posts
  • Interests:Snorkeling, cooking, gardening, jewelry making, reading

Posted 15 January 2012 - 01:30 PM

My AOL account got hacked about 3 weeks ago too, sending out ads for male enhancement products to everyone in my contacts list. Changed my password. I don't remember clicking on a link.

#5 mlfoto

mlfoto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Interests:Photography, diving, river running, guitar, tomatoes, chiles. Latinjourneys.net
    Mandjphoto.com

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:19 AM

My advice would be to set up a gmail account. Since using gmail and Google Accounts for the past six months, I have had very few spam emails and no signs of any hacking. It seems to be a very sophisticated system for email.

#6 ccannon707

ccannon707

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:29 PM

Google "gmail hacked" and you will see it happens to them too. A friend's gmail was hacked this summer. No one is immune, just lucky.

...Christine

I drink to forget, but I eat to remember.... so it all balances out

.· `·. ><((((º> .· `·. <º))))>< ,·. ..· `·. .· `·. <º))))>< .· `·.

#7 MarkC

MarkC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:35 AM

I'm not a local, but this is not CZ specific... Hackers got me and the only way to fix it is to change your PW. Has not happened since...

MC
“Corona con lima, Corona with lime... Todo el tiempo, hey all of the time... Con mucho gusto, I’m havin such a good time... Corona con lima, Corona with lime...”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users