Newbie To This And To Cozumel!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 reefgirl64

reefgirl64

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:scuba diving, reading, saltwater aquariums, and all time beach bum!

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:59 PM

I've been hanging around on here for a while now, reading up on just about everything that's posted! We're planning a trip to Cozumel for the 1st time in late March... I don't have to tell anyone here, just how excited we are! We've been to a few places in the Caribbean, (most recently, GCayman), & for some reason it's been hard to convince the hubby that a trip to Cozy is a 'must'. I know he's been reluctant because it's "Mexico".... :huh: But we've been following this wonderful forum that I stumbled upon, telling him about various folks I know who's been & loves it, AND... wifey wants to go, so....! :P Trip planned!

thanks for all the info & advice & I hope I can glean whatever profound Cozumel knowledge that we'll need for a successful & FUN trip!

#2 buckeyegirls

buckeyegirls

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Scuba diving, bicycling, kayaking, camping, snorkeling, beach time, hiking, dog rescue, searching for the "perfect margarita", Cozumel

Posted 19 January 2012 - 05:56 AM

Reefgirl, congrats on finally convincing him! I'm a female traveler and have never felt safer on vacation anywhere else. While I haven't traveled extensively, I have been a few other places in the caribbean (Grand Cayman, USVI and Dom Rep) and two other places in Mexico, Cozumel is by far the best! I always venture out and explore the island because it has so much to offer. The people of Cozumel are so friendly, I don't think he will regret agreeing to vacation here. Please post a trip report when you get back because I am going a month after you. I've been to the island 6 times, but it's been almost 4 years and I can't wait to get back! :D

#3 Dan&Brenda

Dan&Brenda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:13 AM

My wife and I will be in Cozumel for the first time, in about 20 days (arriving Feb 10). We are so excited. I have now read almost every thread on this forum, and the more I read, the more excited I get!!!

#4 Tomas

Tomas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Interests:Scuba diving, travel, books, food, culture, people, fish, art, the world.

Posted 19 January 2012 - 04:25 PM

Welcome to the boards and I'm stoked for you to finally be taking a trip to Cozumel! Tell your hubby its an easy place to be. When we're not diving or working on the house, we're out walking around town just meeting people and enjoying the place. Never felt threatened here or worried. It seems safer that when were at our place in the US. Walk back into town away from the main beach road, Melgar, and its a much different place. Cheers!
I'm a fish!

#5 reefgirl64

reefgirl64

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:scuba diving, reading, saltwater aquariums, and all time beach bum!

Posted 20 January 2012 - 11:22 AM

Thanx Buckeyegirls & Tomas for ur input! All y'all did was fuel the fire! :)
We have decided to rent a car because we luv exploring almost as much as diving...! SO, SO lookin forward to this trip!
Thanx again, all!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users