11 replies to this topic

#1 Hooked on Coz

Hooked on Coz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:Scuba, Sky Diving, Riding my Fatboy

Posted 22 January 2012 - 02:19 AM

Sorry, I posted in the wrong area :( ( Local Talk )
So lets try and get it right this time!

I lost a crown diving, was directed to a local Dentist by the dive shop and was told it will cost approx. 1000 US to fix. Does this sound correct? They will have to do a root canel and replace the tooth as it was lost at sea! :lol:

#2 Charles

Charles

Guru

• Members
  • 3,143 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 03:54 AM

My first thought, answered by your earlier post, was if the crown was gold or platinum. I have no idea the going rate for a gold crown, especially now with the price of gold above $1,600. Who was the dentist recommended? Most porcelain crowns might run around $300 dollars> It would depend on the dentist's opinion of the condition of the tooth whether they would suggest a root canal or not. U.S. dentists would pretty much always want to do root canals first as that is an extra potential $1,200-1,500 bucks.

Dental prices might average 20-25% of the cost in the U.S. The most pricey procedures dental implants for an example might only be 1/3 the cost in Mexico. I trust the quality of the work in Mexico far more than in the States. Just me, but if prices, costs were the same, I'd never have dental work done in the States.

#3 2islandbums

2islandbums

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Interests:Diving/ working to get dive money.

Posted 22 January 2012 - 07:37 AM

I agree with the other post. At the very least you need to get another quote. the check up with most dentist is very reasonable like 15-20 usd or free. ask someone else for a recommendation. i use a local dentist on 30 ave on the corner of 33 calle. DR. Maya The price of 1000 usd seems high to me
Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.

Albert Einstein,

#4 Coz_Aholic

Coz_Aholic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 733 posts
  • Interests:Travel, Diving, Fishing, and of course FAMILY!

Author of Cozumel The Complete Guide II

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:19 AM

I agree with the other posts. My daughter comes to Cozumel just for her dental work because of the price and quality. She just had a root canal and crown done that was $350.

#5 jic811

jic811

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:30 PM

I agree with the other posts. My daughter comes to Cozumel just for her dental work because of the price and quality. She just had a root canal and crown done that was $350.

Hi,

Would you mind to share the name of the dentist your daughter used and if she is pleased with the docs work? also, when did she have the work done and has she had any problems? I will be back on the island last of this month and need a root canal. Many thanks.

#6 Patches

Patches

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:10 AM

Yes I would love somebody to recommend a good dentist to me as well. I need an implant and crown. I know this procedure takes a while to do, and about 3-4 visits - but this would be a great excuse to visit the island more frequently than I have been. Would appreciate any recommendations of good dentists. Thanks!

#7 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,621 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:50 PM

Try our dentist...Yazmin Ibrahim at MEDIDENTAL

you can reach her via email at yazimin_ibrahim@hotmail.com
Phone; 872-0808

Yazmin has been our dentist for over 5 years.

The office is at 11 sur por 65...it is on 11, cross 65,heading towards SAM'S club.

The office is great, the chairs are great video/tv to entertain you while Yazmin does her work.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#8 bulsaros

bulsaros

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Glasgow Rangers Football Club

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:38 PM

I too can vouch for This person last march she did some work on my partial denture and it has been good to go ever since and at a fraction of the cost it
was going to be here in the country of greed.

#9 pedro the gringo

pedro the gringo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:23 PM

An email to Dr Yasmin kicked back. I need extensive dental work done and would like to go to Coz to have it done.
Any recommendations/names would be appreciated.
Thanks
Pedro

#10 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,621 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:47 AM

I tested Yasmin's email address and it worked. yazmin_ibrahim@hotmail.com

If you have a problem, send me your email address, and I will make sure she contacts you.

My email is islandgirl@ecozumel.net

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#11 Olivio

Olivio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:143040

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:04 PM

I called and I have a good feeling about it. Definitely going Walk-in basis they told me. This dental work is way too expensive in the U.S. and most dental plans aren't that great in the U.S.
Lo bueno de los anos es que curan heridas, lo malo de los besos es que crean adiccion.

#12 Hooked on Coz

Hooked on Coz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:Scuba, Sky Diving, Riding my Fatboy

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:18 PM

I called and I have a good feeling about it. Definitely going Walk-in basis they told me. This dental work is way too expensive in the U.S. and most dental plans aren't that great in the U.S.

Just to finish this off, I contacted Alejandra on 30av. and was amazed at how quickly and completely I was treated.
She did a Crown, Bridge and replaced a filling as well as two new ones for under 1k. Cleaning and great conversation free! I highly recommend her. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users