5 replies to this topic

#1 Ron

Ron

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:42 AM

Just curious
I have a yard of grass not weed but grass LOL It is most likely crab grass which is a form of weed. I also have weeds that keep springing up, because of this I consulted a garden shop. I asked if they had anything to kill weeds? They said only thing they have kills everything including grass. I know in the states they have things that kill weeds, Roundup for one. Does anyone know where I can get something similar?
Now if my grass is truly crab grass would using a weed killer kill that as well?

How do the hotels keep there grass free from weeds? Do they have someone pull the weeds all day long?

Ron

#2 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 12:13 PM

check at Sam's...they have Ortho products which you carry around, with a spray gun type applicator.

I bought the one for bugs on Sat morning...

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#3 Ron

Ron

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 03:02 PM

Paula
TY
Ron

#4 DebB

DebB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 04:45 PM

Roundup is non-selective -- it kills everything above the soil line. Weedbegone kills lawn weeds but I doubt it's formulated to deal with all of the weeds we see here. Another problem here is that so many plants reseed themselves, and seem do it at the speed of light, that you'd need some kind of emergence preventative as well. The expensive solution is to turn or kill everything and begin anew with sod -- Vivero Las Flores stocks it. But then, chemicals can be expensive, too -- especially if they need to be reapplied. I'd say it would be good to compare options before you invest.

#5 Ron

Ron

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 06:10 PM

Even if I lay down new sod what would prevent it from coming back?
And as I said the grass I think is a type of crab grass so it might get killed as well.
I guess I will just pull them here and there

Ron

#6 MarkC

MarkC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:16 AM

Ron - Weeds will grow in through your sod... So depending on the weeds that are appearing, there are weed killers that are selective in what they kill. When I had a yard, I used to use a combination of clover weed killers and broadleaf weed killers...

Broadleaf

Clover Weed Killer

PS: Now, watch out for the mole and his sauce...
“Corona con lima, Corona with lime... Todo el tiempo, hey all of the time... Con mucho gusto, I’m havin such a good time... Corona con lima, Corona with lime...”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users