Another Newbie Says Hello

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 J belle

J belle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Family, gardening, swimming, snorkeling, being on the ocean any way possible

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:02 AM

Hello all, I am a new member. Spouse and I recently bought a small house on the island. We're looking forward to spending more and more time there. Thanks for all the helpful advice from this forum!

#2 Suzy Sunshine

Suzy Sunshine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:travelling
    snorkeling
    hiking

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:41 AM

Hello My name is Michele . I am very interested in purchasing a retirement home in Cozumel. Im actually coming back in April for 2 weeks to see if my dream is feasable. Any suggestions on where to start?

#3 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,619 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:07 PM

My husband wrote a NON-Sales piece about why, when, and how to purchase property in Cozumel.
http://www.cozumellandlikegold.org/

Page 2 specifically deals with understanding what's what about owning real estate on the island.

I would start there, and ALWAYS HIRE AN ATTORNEY TO COVER YOUR ASS-ETS.

Full disclosure, my husband is a great real estate agent, but I do not believe in using this site for self promotion and advertisement, so if your interested, I can be reached via this message board.

Just click on my name, and it will take you to the email site.

Good luck, and playing in the sand box is a lot more fun as an adult.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#4 cperkins

cperkins

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:40 AM

Hi Michelle

My wife and I bought a place in Cozumel late 2011 and as the other post suggests... I'd start with an attorney if you are seriously looking at a place. I did a lot of searching around and ended up using Jan Folsom. She is licensed in the USA and Mexico. She's been great to work with.

Janet L. Folsom
Legal Representative
Folsom Y Asociados, S.C.

5810 Santa Maria Ave # 205
PMB 8-529
Laredo, TX. 78041-3055

Av. Tulum #200, Local 101
Suite 529
SM 4, Cancun
C.P. 77500 Q.Roo

US cell in Mexico: 405.830.5258
US office no. in Mexico: 720.212.0877
Mexico cell: 998.705.1624
Mexico office: 998.871.0220
www.us-mexico-law.com

#5 J belle

J belle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Family, gardening, swimming, snorkeling, being on the ocean any way possible

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:13 PM

I would not agree with that at all. It's conceivably true that the 10mg size is most common, and I can't prove that it's not the only size available on the island. Pill size, however, is not the same as dose. For example, a typical dose of aspirin is 650mg but the typical tablet size is 325mg.

In the US, where I practice, lisinopril is available in 2.5mg, 5mg, 10mg, 20mg, 30mg, and 40mg sizes.

The dose I have prescribed and seen prescribed most often is 20mg daily.

#6 J belle

J belle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:47 PM

Hi Michele - I hope I am posting this right. One suggestion I have is to do a lot of research before you go down . There are a lot of houses for sale in Cozumel listed on different websites. Before we went down to look at houses, we put together a spread sheet based on what we thought looked interesting on the websites, and analyzed a list of about 40, then narrowed it down from there. In addition to using an attorney, we had a friend we knew who is a local real estate agent act as a "buyer's agent" for us, like you do in the u.s., to look at the different properties we had selected. She was more familiar with the characteristics of different neighborhoods and drove around with us looking at the different places. My husband and i had both lived overseas before, and I think that helped us have reasonable expectations. That being said, I think Cozumel is an easy place to live. We had lived in southeast Asia, and I lived in panama as a kid. Cozumel doesn't have the level of extreme poverty of much of Asia, English is widely spoken, travel and accessing money are easy, and the island doesn't have the kind of political issues like I remember in panama . It's a friendly and beautiful place. Good luck with your search!

#7 Guest_casacozumel01_*

Guest_casacozumel01_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:37 PM

Hi,

If you are interested in Property Management Services for your home on the island please contact John & Grettel. Thank you and return soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users