• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mulhold

mulhold

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:37 AM

How much should we expect to pay from the airport to Park Royal?

#2 bulsaros

bulsaros

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Glasgow Rangers Football Club

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:50 AM

just got back on Tuesday we stayed next door at the Casa del Mar hotel,it cost us 96 pesos one way pp

#3 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:00 AM

And you already read about giving the time share salesmen posing as Tourist Advisors that will attack you the second you set foot out the glass doors from customs a wide berth, right? There will be a single file line of identically dressed salespeople waiting to pounce on you and 'help' you. They aren't there to help you.

Give them a polite but firm no gracias and head purposefully towards the ticket window for your shuttle ticket. They probably won't grab onto your leg and try to pull you down if you move fast enough.

The shuttle ticket window with prices clearly marked is the last booth to your right as you come through the doors from customs. It is on the far wall, the wall that faces the road outside. You can pay in dollars or pesos.

On the trip back you can hop a taxi. They're allowed to bring you back to the airport -- just not take you away from it. It will be an uber simple matter to get a taxi back from Park Royal and virtually any time of the day. That corridor is Taxi City with two cruiseship piers in such close proximity. And because of the topes (speed bumps) and the congestion, they're all going slowly enough to easily flag down

#4 MarkC

MarkC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:55 AM

Those time share guys are freakin awesome at what they do, aren't they?

I was lookin at Allegro prices yesterday, and I should have booked with the 10/9 day trip was $1866... It's gone up to $2400 now... :angry:
“Corona con lima, Corona with lime... Todo el tiempo, hey all of the time... Con mucho gusto, I’m havin such a good time... Corona con lima, Corona with lime...”

#5 mulhold

mulhold

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:18 AM

Thanks guys. What's 96 pesos? 8-9 bucks? Yeah, the timeshare people...in Cancun, my husband and I were talked into doing a trial membership with Royal Holiday back in 2006 and I could find better deals on Orbitz than through our timeshare. Big waste of money. Since then, we've traveled to Nassau several times, and whenever we see Royal Holiday people, we tell them we are already members and they don't bother us. But even after May 2012, when our trial period expires, we will still tell them we're members so they leave us alone. When other timeshare people bother us, I usually act all stressed out and tell them I just lost my job so I'm not interested. That also works in getting them to leave you alone. Just like when telemarketers call my phone I tell them I can't talk because I have a 6 month baby in the bathtub. They usually say, "oh, OK!" And let me hang up quickly. ;o) I don't have a baby, just to let you know, and I think my 17 and 18 year old sons would be fine in the tub my themselves. hahaha! I'm terrible, aren't I? But it works. Hey, I might as well have a little fun with it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users