No replies to this topic

#1 Valli

Valli

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Interests:Travel, cooking, bike riding,

Posted 25 March 2010 - 04:41 PM

Here is an interesting article cut and pasted from Journeywoman's Travel Newsletter:

Puebla, Mexico
"A fleet of 35 pink taxis are driven by women exclusively for women. Each four-door vehicle is equipped with a GPS system and an alarm button. Supposedly the cabs cater especially to those female passengers who are tired of leering male drivers and who worry about their personal safety. Critics wonder why each cab is equipped with a beauty kit. Journeywoman feels the same way. We're all for woman's safety but 'the beauty kit' stereotyping = silly!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't want to get into the issue of safety in Cozumel - that has been discussed at length on Trip Advisor, and most of us can agree Cozumel is one of the safer destinations. However, I have encountered a few taxi drivers in Cozumel over the years that have behaved somewhat innappropriately and made me uncomfortable. I just returned from a 3 week visit and will post a trip report in the next few days.

Valli

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users