Monica Who?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 mlfoto

mlfoto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Interests:Photography, diving, river running, guitar, tomatoes, chiles. Latinjourneys.net
    Mandjphoto.com

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:35 AM

I need to speak to a knowledgeable person about starting a business and getting an FM3. I see from this forum that the laws have changed. And I see folks refer to Monica frequently.

I assume she is the local expert on such issues. Could you provide a last name, business name, location, phone number?

Many thanks.

#2 divadiver

divadiver

Guru

• Members
  • 2,666 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:47 AM

She is Monica Sauza Garrido. She is a certified translator and knows her way around the FM-2/3 visas. I don't know if she'll be able to help you with the corporation.

Her phone number is 8725394. Her email is mosag@prodigy.net.mx.

#3 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,621 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 08:48 AM

My I suggest you speak with Gisela Rodriguez Gonzalez. She is our lawyer.

Gisela has started 3 Mx Corporations for us, and she also maintains our FM status here.

Gisela can be reached the following ways:

Email: cozumex@prodigy.net.mx
Cell: 987-878-5408

Gisela speaks perfect English.

Good luck

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#4 Free Richard

Free Richard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 11:39 AM

Hi.

Need to renew Fm3. I have all Monica's info but what should I be expecting to pay her? Is it less than $100.00 US or more. Not trying to be cheap just need an idea.

Thanks

#5 sailsgal

sailsgal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Interests:diving, writing, water sports, sailing, travel.

Posted 25 March 2011 - 11:53 AM

It depends on the FM3/2 is it just for a retirement one where you show income from the US or Canada? or are you going to be working here?...different rates and needs.
We use Gretchen Martin for all our legal and accounting stuff...she is excellent.
She prepares our monthly book keeping for the corporation as well as renews our Fm2's well ahead of time and all the paperwork is in order, so never any delays. Whoever you use, they will quote you the fees for the Fm3/2 as well as their fees to prepare the paperwork.
Susan aka Sailsgal
www.cozumeltours.com

#6 Free Richard

Free Richard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 04:34 PM

It depends on the FM3/2 is it just for a retirement one where you show income from the US or Canada? or are you going to be working here?...different rates and needs.
We use Gretchen Martin for all our legal and accounting stuff...she is excellent.
She prepares our monthly book keeping for the corporation as well as renews our Fm2's well ahead of time and all the paperwork is in order, so never any delays. Whoever you use, they will quote you the fees for the Fm3/2 as well as their fees to prepare the paperwork.

#7 Free Richard

Free Richard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 04:35 PM

Thanks for info.

It would be FM3 retirement. No Work.

#8 Kandy

Kandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying retired life!

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:23 PM

We hired Monica to get our initial FM3 in December. Her fee was $134 USD per FM3.

Kandy
Living the Dream in Cozumel

#9 Free Richard

Free Richard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 09:09 PM

We hired Monica to get our initial FM3 in December. Her fee was $134 USD per FM3.

Kandy.

Thanks for info and response

#10 sailsgal

sailsgal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 08:33 AM

Kandy.

Thanks for info and response

Susan aka Sailsgal
www.cozumeltours.com

#11 sailsgal

sailsgal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 08:35 AM

There is also the fee for immigration processing the renewals of FM3/2's...Monica or Gretchen charge their fee for preparing all the paperwork necessary to hand into immigration. Check it all out before you react when getting a larger bill. Its is worth having these ladies do the paperwork..its always right and ready to go with no hassles.
Susan aka Sailsgal
www.cozumeltours.com

#12 nauticab

nauticab

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:22 PM

those with working or corporation FM3/2.... i can understand the desire to use someone's services. but i just did someone's renewal for her FM2. i made the minor changes in her FM2 letter from last year, made copies of her passport, bank statements, a letter for address change, phone bill, and did the form online for two things (renewal and address change). easy as pie. turned it in, paying tomorrow, getting her pix done and thursday morning taking her for her fingerprint appt where she will get her card.

a renewal retirement FM3/FM2 is easy. if you truly have no time or have no access to your letter from last year to write another one, or speak no spanish at all to communicate with them in the office, i guess the $100 or so is worth it to use someone.

i hated dealing with the hassles of immigration and renewals/changes. but you learn some of the rules, get to meet and know them in the office, and practice your spanish in reading, writing, and speaking. like i said in a diff post, it is a personal choice. i was cheap but also would not pay anyone $100+ for something i could do myself in a matter of a few hours of research and preparation.
Cabrilla's Sport Center
Calle 11 % Melgar y 10av
Edificio Portales, Local 1
Dressing Fishermen and Triathletes from Head to Toe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users