New To Cozumel

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mexcelia

mexcelia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, films, snorkeling, walking, swimming, and photography

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:57 AM

Hi everyone, I'm just moving to Cozumel and want to say thanks for having a site like this to check out. Made so many mistakes when I first moved to Mexico, some funny - some not so much, that I think I'll just check here first. Sort of a look before I leap thing? Oh, and I'm a retired teacher who loves animals. Would enjoy volunteering if anyone knows where I could be useful............ Thanks again!

#2 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:26 AM

Welcome to Cozumel and to the forums, Mexceli. I think you'll find a lot to take photos of here. As I'm sure you're aware, right now Carnival week is great for candid photo ops and don't just focus on the parades. There are dance groups roaming the streets, setting up and performing from around 11 AM until 3 PM every day through Tuesday. If you have a bike, you can follow the music. If not, the plaza features different dance teams all day.

#3 mexcelia

mexcelia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, films, snorkeling, walking, swimming, and photography

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:58 AM

Thanks Carey,

Actually, not there til the 29th (my fault, wasn't clear:) but appreciate the suggestion, hope to thoroughly enjoy next year! If there are any areas where expats tend to meet for coffee, would love to know where I can head to once I am settled.

#4 carolyn

carolyn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Scuba diving, snorkeling,photography, relaxing with a cocktail!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:26 PM

Hello new here myself. Still trying to adjust to little things but loving it so far.

#5 mexcelia

mexcelia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:49 PM

Hi Carolyn

Good to hear you like it.......... Will be there in a few days myself, it's so nice to know that it's working out for another "newbie."

#6 KAC

KAC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:31 PM

We've been here since November and wouldn't change a thing. Embrace the culture.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users