• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Patches

Patches

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:43 AM

Would any of you good people happen to know where we could rent a boat for a day. Not sure if we can take it out ourselves or whether we have to have a "captain" take us out? I don't want to spend a fortune if possible. We are coming down to our condo for March break and I would love to take my family out for a day. Anybody got any good contacts?

#2 CZMDM

CZMDM

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:36 AM

You cannot rent a boat, at least in the manner that you describe. You could rent a fishing boat or a dive boat and do whatever you want. The boat will have a Captain and a mate. You would be paying diving or fishing rates, which would probably be much more expensive than what you are used to for boat rentals in the USA.

Cozumel Diving

#3 DONO

DONO

Resident Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:25 PM

Good luck. I've tried for years to rent a small boat. You can find people to take you out if you go down to the marina or even the waterfront with some cash in hand. Adrian at Especia's can and will take you out and/or find what you are looking for. To get someone in a panga to take a party of two with snorkeling gear and ice chest for 6 hours or so will cost you in the $200.00 USD range. Thats why we've never done it. It woild be amazing to just put around on our own towards the North end of Coz. Maybe someday.

Dono
It's those changes in latitudes!

#4 mslf500

mslf500

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Interests:Snow boarding, Diving, Spearfishing, Driving Formula Cars really fast, Mountain biking.

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:58 PM

We took our Zodiac up to Passion Island a couple of Sundays ago. The island is closed for business (no cruise ships) and we had the entire place to ourselves. It was a nice trip.

www.CozumelCondominium.com
Nah Ha 602

#5 cdlu

cdlu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:44 AM

We took our Zodiac up to Passion Island a couple of Sundays ago. The island is closed for business (no cruise ships) and we had the entire place to ourselves. It was a nice trip.

Curious as to why the island is closed for business?
Cindy

#6 MarkC

MarkC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:59 AM

Too expensive tourist trap?

Maybe b/c there weren't any horse carriage rides...?
“Corona con lima, Corona with lime... Todo el tiempo, hey all of the time... Con mucho gusto, I’m havin such a good time... Corona con lima, Corona with lime...”

#7 zman96

zman96

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:20 AM

@cdlu It caters towards the cruise shippers. Sundays don't usually see ships in town, so Passion Island is closed.

#8 cdlu

cdlu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:16 PM

@cdlu It caters towards the cruise shippers. Sundays don't usually see ships in town, so Passion Island is closed.

I guess when I saw written they were closed for business; I was thinking every day, not just for Sunday so now it makes sense. Thanks.
Cindy

#9 mslf500

mslf500

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Interests:Snow boarding, Diving, Spearfishing, Driving Formula Cars really fast, Mountain biking.

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:13 PM

Zman nailed it. I should have said closed on Sunday as the ships weren't in town.

www.CozumelCondominium.com
Nah Ha 602

#10 Parker

Parker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:17 AM

You can rent a boat with the helps of hotel where you have been accommodated.

#11 luvfish

luvfish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:55 PM

patches--if you put gas in boat ( min for 5-6 hours it takes $225.00 )Plus rental price of $75.00
My husband would take you and max 4 others out. He has done this few times for friends that live here on island. Of course if you want to have more time you just pay alittle more.
Boat has 200hp engine so gas is expensive.
We enjoy going down to cielo for the day or just going around north area.
Anetprandi@gmail.com

#12 MarkC

MarkC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:52 PM

I wonder if the Nora Gabriela is available...
“Corona con lima, Corona with lime... Todo el tiempo, hey all of the time... Con mucho gusto, I’m havin such a good time... Corona con lima, Corona with lime...”

#13 Olivio

Olivio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:143040

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:25 PM

I own a house in Baltimore Federal Hill, and am interested in renting the entire house in the future.

Does anyone know what is involved in doing this, and registering it with the city?
Lo bueno de los anos es que curan heridas, lo malo de los besos es que crean adiccion.

#14 Deluxe Private Boat Tours

Deluxe Private Boat Tours

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Give customers the best experience they can have in the island. Show them the secrets of Cozumel and give the the time with just their family and friends.

Posted 20 April 2014 - 06:26 PM

Hello my name is Adrian and I will be glad to offer to you a new way of spending your day in Cozumel, we are a company with luxury boats.

We are going to make of your day a unique experience in Cozumel guaranteed.

We can take you any where on the Island, we will make some recommendations depending on the weather and the different activities for your party.
The boat counts with all the comfort, drinks and an excellent sound system, if you want to put your music you are more than welcome, just let us know.

Why go with everyone else when you can go with just your family and friends.

rentals@rentaboatcozumel.com

#15 crunch

crunch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 627 posts
  • Interests:Snorkeling, dogs, margaritas, beaches, reading, working out, chilling.

Posted 21 April 2014 - 12:07 PM

Just my husband and i want to go to Al Cielo?  Anybody know of anyone who would just do a 2 hour type of thing for us?

#16 luvfish

luvfish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 06:14 PM

We can do a 2 hour trip any sunday but it would be if you want to stay in North area.
Contact me at anetprandi@gmail.com..... boat is in Puerto Abrigo and it takes 45 min just to get to Cielo, so you would need more than two hours

#17 Deluxe Private Boat Tours

Deluxe Private Boat Tours

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Give customers the best experience they can have in the island. Show them the secrets of Cozumel and give the the time with just their family and friends.

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:34 PM

We do a 4 hour trip, it takes 40 min just to get there. I higly recommend a longer time on the boat.

rentals@rentaboatcozumel.com

We can send you all the info you need.

Have a great stay.

#18 crunch

crunch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 627 posts
  • Interests:Snorkeling, dogs, margaritas, beaches, reading, working out, chilling.

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:46 AM

Thank you.  Appreciate that info.

#19 luvfish

luvfish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 11:57 AM

Crunch----If you wanted a day down at Cielo you do need min of 4 hour rental on boat. Its so nice to have fresh cerviche and chips or nice torta type sandwhiches and just hangout there. Chichi charters does trips there as well. Www.chichicharters.com take a look at there website. I have been on there boat on a trip to Cielo and was very nice. Take a look at what trip advisor says as well

#20 crunch

crunch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:41 AM

Thank you luvfish.  Good info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users