Carpenter?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Coz_Aholic

Coz_Aholic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 733 posts
  • Interests:Travel, Diving, Fishing, and of course FAMILY!

Author of Cozumel The Complete Guide II

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:04 PM

Can someone recommend a carpenter who can help with this project. I have an extremely large room that I would like to divide with either sliding or hanging folding doors. I looked around for the doors themselves and have had no luck.

#2 morenita

morenita

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:16 PM

Francisco. Excellent quality and the fairest price I have found on the island. And I know dozens of carpenters. Cel 9871003926

#3 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:51 PM

Just a thought, I would ask my landlord first...seeing how your doing modification/construction to his property. He might have someone who he prefers to use.

Thanks for the recommendation Morenita on the carpenter.

Perhaps you might know a really skilled carpenter who works on furniture. I bought my Ethan Allen bedroom furniture down, and it was in a dry climate, now it isn't. I need some refitting of the draws, and the doors to the armour.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#4 morenita

morenita

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:09 PM

I think Francisco is great. I would feel confident that he could take care of it for you. He used to work at Euan on 65 in the back in their shop. Since he has gone out on his own solo, his prices have been competitive with anyone. And he is a realy nice guy, responsible, dependable and very trustworthy. Not sure how much english he can speak.

Did you ever get your cookbook stand?

#5 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:21 PM

My husband made me the stand for the books, great memory you have.

My husbands Spanish is pretty good, so he will be able to make contact.

Thanks again.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#6 Coz_Aholic

Coz_Aholic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 733 posts
  • Interests:Travel, Diving, Fishing, and of course FAMILY!

Author of Cozumel The Complete Guide II

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:37 PM

I found someone with a recomendation from a friend and I saw some of his work and was impressed. Arelio 987-107-0637.

He is building 2 bunkbeds for me using the beds I have. One is a full over queen and the other is a single over full. He is also doing the sliding doors to divide the room that I need done. I will report afterwards on how everything turns out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users