Carnaval Trip February 2012 Part 7

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DanB

DanB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 484 posts
  • Interests:Dan:history/culture;scuba diving;photography;music; Claudia:artist

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:05 PM

These next 'parts' of the trip report will show the 'on-land' part of the Monday thru Saturday part of the trip.

Monday after the dives we went over to Paula and Gregs (Coz2wonder) to deliver some Miracle Whip. We had a great visit seeing their home in the jungle out by Playa Mia, meeting them, their dogs, and paying homage to the cat who rules all. We then went into town to grab some dinner. We went to a nice place at the corner of Juarez and Ave 15 called Sonora Grill. It is a second floor restaurant with very nice decor. The walls are all open windows and the breezes that blow through are great.

Posted Image

We had some tortilla soup and then some yucatan chicken and enciladas.

Posted Image

The next day, Tuesday, was the last night of parades. (The carnaval parades are usually Saturday, Sunday, and Tuesday.) We decided this would be our night out at a 'fancy' restaurant. We went to La Kinta (on Ave 5 between Calles 2 and 4, almost across the street from ISIS). Most of the seating area is a walled garden towards the back. Here are a couple views of the seating area.

Posted Image

Posted Image

We started out with glasses of Jamaica (pronounced Huh My A Ka), a tea made from hisbiscus flowers that is very popular in Cozumel. Claudia had never had it before and found it very refreshing.

Posted Image

There was a 'special' appetizer that night. It was great. Sorry, but neither Claudia nor I can remember what it was.

Posted Image

We also had an order of their black bean with cumin soup to share. They split it into 2 small bowls for us. Claudia had the
PORKY PASILLA ($145 pesos) Slow roasted Pork tenderloin with Chile Pasilla and Crimini mushroom demiglaze toasted Almonds, Fig marmalade and mashed potatoes (this description is copied from their online menu).

Posted Image

I had the KAMARON ADOBADO $155 Grilled Shrimp, marinated in Achiote with caramelized Pineapple salsa and Cilantro rice. Both dishes were really excellent.

Posted Image

For desert, Claudia had the DESEO DE CHOCOLATE $55 Warm flourless Chocolate cake with Cajeta and Today`s ice cream. That's the photo below. I had their
BUDIN DE LA ABUELITA $55 Three Milk Bread pudding with bananas, Mexican chocolate and Cajeta sauce. They were both great.

Posted Image

After this we waddled down to Melgar to watch the final Carnaval parade.

#2 bulsaros

bulsaros

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Glasgow Rangers Football Club

Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:18 AM

Great pics more to follow I hope !!

#3 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:51 AM

Thank you for the delivery, and it was a pleasure to meet you both.

See you next visit.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#4 ccannon707

ccannon707

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:44 PM

Porky Pasilla rules! Love Kinta - it is totally justified as the fancy night out restaurant... as you pay but you get GREAT food in a very nice atmosphere. Thanks for the pix.

...Christine

I drink to forget, but I eat to remember.... so it all balances out

.· `·. ><((((º> .· `·. <º))))>< ,·. ..· `·. .· `·. <º))))>< .· `·.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users