Painter

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 carolyn

carolyn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Scuba diving, snorkeling,photography, relaxing with a cocktail!

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:12 AM

Hi we are looking for someone to paint a room, any suggestions and/or numbers be very helpful. Thanks!!

#2 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:21 AM

I can send Gaspar to you if you like. He doesn't have a phone and speaks no English. Also not particularly cheap because he is in the painter's union. But let me tell you, this is one nice guy. Punctual, quiet, extraordinarily neat. Does a perfect job. If you decide to go with someone cheap be aware that many are not familiar with the concept of using a lona -- a tarp -- to protect floors and such. So if you go that route, be prepared to provide and supervise all details of prep and clean up. He's been working for me for 10 years. Comes by every 6 months or so to see what I need spruced up and its always something living in the tropics as we do.

I mention Gaspar because he will be painting my garage on Tuesday and Wednesday so if you would like to get a presupuesto from him, send me your address and a good time for him to stop by and he'll come over on Thursday or Friday I would expect. careycsutton@hotmail.com

#3 bulsaros

bulsaros

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Glasgow Rangers Football Club

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:46 AM

Carey, what brand of paint do they use down there. I am painting contractor here in Michigan and always like to check out various
decorating habits when I travel, I always have a chuckle to myself when I see their tools of the trade

#4 bulsaros

bulsaros

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Glasgow Rangers Football Club

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:57 AM

Also just remembered I got chatting with a taxi driver when I was down in Feb and have exchanged emails with him with regards
to different aspects of the trade(he did part time painting) so as a surprise for him I will be taking down some Purdy brushes for him in May

#5 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:12 AM

Most favored as best quality by the pros is Comex first followed by Pintura Martinez. Sherwin Williams also is popular but the old time painters swear by the first two as being the longest lasting.

You have to be careful about getting paint that is a whole lot cheaper than the major competition. There's quite a bit for sale that starts washing right off the first time you get a heavy rain storm.

#6 KAC

KAC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:18 AM

Hi we are looking for someone to paint a room, any suggestions and/or numbers be very helpful. Thanks!!

We used a young fellow named Hector Diaz Guzman. He speaks enough english to tell you what he needs. He painted our condo and was neat, clean and very reasonable. He also removed and replaced all the tile in our master bedroom and walkin closet and did a great job. Would definately use him again.

His Cell number is 987-106-2467

#7 carolyn

carolyn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:23 PM

We used a young fellow named Hector Diaz Guzman. He speaks enough english to tell you what he needs. He painted our condo and was neat, clean and very reasonable. He also removed and replaced all the tile in our master bedroom and walkin closet and did a great job. Would definately use him again.

His Cell number is 987-106-2467

Thank you for the number I will be deciding between the two options thank you so much all...

#8 carolyn

carolyn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:24 PM

I can send Gaspar to you if you like. He doesn't have a phone and speaks no English. Also not particularly cheap because he is in the painter's union. But let me tell you, this is one nice guy. Punctual, quiet, extraordinarily neat. Does a perfect job. If you decide to go with someone cheap be aware that many are not familiar with the concept of using a lona -- a tarp -- to protect floors and such. So if you go that route, be prepared to provide and supervise all details of prep and clean up. He's been working for me for 10 years. Comes by every 6 months or so to see what I need spruced up and its always something living in the tropics as we do.

I mention Gaspar because he will be painting my garage on Tuesday and Wednesday so if you would like to get a presupuesto from him, send me your address and a good time for him to stop by and he'll come over on Thursday or Friday I would expect. careycsutton@hotmail.com

Thank you so much I have two to decide from will let you know if I need him to stop by...Thanks again

#9 Guest_casacozumel01_*

Guest_casacozumel01_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:21 AM

Hello,

We have a great painter. He just completed the entire outside of our house in Corpus Christi. He is extremely reliable, does not drink and prepares the house ie; cleaning/ primer coat etc, for very reasonable prices. His name is Gabrielle and his cell number is 987/1198474. John

#10 cozumelena

cozumelena

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:04 PM

How can i contact gaspar for an estimate for a major painting job in my house, there are cracks on the walls and the paint has to be scraped !!!!
or any other painter as good as him ???

thanks !!!!

#11 Ron

Ron

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:04 PM

I swear by Mapla paint.

#12 Ron

Ron

• Members