Caterpillers

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 J belle

J belle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Family, gardening, swimming, snorkeling, being on the ocean any way possible

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:08 PM

We have spiky looking caterpillars in our garden. They have yellow stripes and long black spiky hairs. They are nasty looking and leave spots on our plants from eating them. My plants are not looking so good. These are really scary looking bugs! Any advise would be appreciated.

#2 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,621 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:47 AM

Depending on the size spray bottle you use, I would put in a few drops of Dawn dish liquid, and water in the bottle. You don't want it to soapy, so go light on the dish liquid.

Spray the top and underside of the leaves, and lightly around the sides of the pot where they would climb up to eat the leaves.

If it doesn't slow them down, or eliminate them, then add a little more dish liquid.

Dawn is available at Chedrui's.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#3 J belle

J belle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Family, gardening, swimming, snorkeling, being on the ocean any way possible

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:38 PM

Depending on the size spray bottle you use, I would put in a few drops of Dawn dish liquid, and water in the bottle. You don't want it to soapy, so go light on the dish liquid.

Spray the top and underside of the leaves, and lightly around the sides of the pot where they would climb up to eat the leaves.

If it doesn't slow them down, or eliminate them, then add a little more dish liquid.

Dawn is available at Chedrui's.

#4 J belle

J belle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:21 PM

Thanks for the advice! I'm going to try it tomorrow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users