• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Neilan

Neilan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:20 AM

Hello I am interested in someone that digs the old time (big)water wells any suggestions?

#2 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,621 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:33 AM

They are called 'pozos' and we have a large one which Mario and Dino built for us.

I would contact Mario who can have his dad Dino, and crew do the work. If Dino is busy, Mario would supply and manage the crew who will build the pozo.

Mario speaks great English, and his number is987-112-4353

We hit fresh water at 15 feet.

If you would like a picture of ours, shot me an email via this site. You can make them the center piece of your property.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#3 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:46 PM

I absolutely could be wrong so check me on this but my husband, AJ, mentioned the other day that the city isn't allowing pozos to be dug any more inside the city limits. If you live out in the country like Coz2wonder, our Jungle Girl, it's obviously a different story as Dino and Mario would never do anything illegal.

#4 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,621 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 01:32 PM

AJ is correct...if you receive city water, then no NEW pozo's can be built. If there is an existing well however that is grandfathered in.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users