31 replies to this topic

#21 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:36 PM

Wahl...last night someone put an old piece of tire, a big, unidentifiable piece of plastic and a tied up Chedraui bag of plastic stuff ...on top of my old junker Taurus that we keep parked in front of the house until we figure out what to do with it. I think that was supposed to be a message. The note writer prolly is hinting that I should have the Taurus taken to the dump also. Ja Ja.

I hope this isn't going to turn into some ridiculous little trash war because if this happens again, I reckon I'll have to put my own note up (but not on my newly painted gate, ahem) and clue in these people that they are barking up de wrong tree taking out their hostility on us.

This is getting ridiculous, I know.

#22 cvchief

cvchief

Professional Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts
  • Location:Pennsylvania mostly, though Coz as much as possible

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:26 PM

the key word is 'clueless'. It did take a big effort, and awareness in the states before people stopped throwing litter around everywhere, burn piles and creating garbage dumps. Remember the poor Indian crying campaign.

They stopped? Tires and old fridges are like rabbits. Throw one in a state forest and overnight it will multiply!

El Jefe

Wishing I was retiring to Cozumel.....

Casa De Jefe

#23 mstevens

mstevens

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 852 posts
  • Interests:Diving, Ducatis, Dorkdom

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:25 PM

last night someone put an old piece of tire, a big, unidentifiable piece of plastic and a tied up Chedraui bag of plastic stuff ...on top of my old junker Taurus

Wow. That's pretty passive-aggressive.

#24 MarkC

MarkC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:48 PM

LOL - this is not funny yet at the same time is funny... :unsure:
“Corona con lima, Corona with lime... Todo el tiempo, hey all of the time... Con mucho gusto, I’m havin such a good time... Corona con lima, Corona with lime...”

#25 ccannon707

ccannon707

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:56 PM

Not funny at all if it's happening to you. Someone is being very $hi**y and aggressive, not to mention acting like a pig with their trash that they don't want to take responsibility for. You're in the middle of one of my worst nightmares, Carey - the neighbor wars. Can't we all just get along? Sheesh... good luck with those morons.

...Christine

I drink to forget, but I eat to remember.... so it all balances out

.· `·. ><((((º> .· `·. <º))))>< ,·. ..· `·. .· `·. <º))))>< .· `·.

#26 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:50 AM

Not funny at all if it's happening to you. Someone is being very $hi**y and aggressive, not to mention acting like a pig with their trash that they don't want to take responsibility for. You're in the middle of one of my worst nightmares, Carey - the neighbor wars. Can't we all just get along? Sheesh... good luck with those morons.

Well, it's not that bad. And so far no more stuff piled on the car. I only brought it up because I wanted some input on creative ways to fix was is, indeed, an on-going problem.

Thanks for all the suggestions and comments. I will report how the new system works once I get it installed in case any one else decides to try this.

#27 MarkC

MarkC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:24 AM

I think if you know who the offender is, you should start fighting back and taking your pet's feces and tossing a big weeks supply on their walk way each week.

If that does not help, then you need to start dumping this that will take them hours to clean up... Maybe dump a big can of paint on their driveway

if that does not work, take the things they leave u and toss it back onto their property.
“Corona con lima, Corona with lime... Todo el tiempo, hey all of the time... Con mucho gusto, I’m havin such a good time... Corona con lima, Corona with lime...”

#28 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:51 AM

Let's not get carried away here, Mark. It's not that big a deal and will soon be resolved. If I knew who had posted the note, I would have gone and spoken with them personally. There are less than a handful of gringos living on this block but I can still only speculate who is the one that's trying to pin the tail on this donkey. Ja Ja

#29 cvchief

cvchief

Professional Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:06 AM

Note to self: Don't move next to Mark!

El Jefe

Casa De Jefe

#30 MarkC

MarkC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:30 AM

Note to self: Don't move next to Mark!

carey - u asked for suggestions, i figured do onto others as they do onto you lol :D

it means don't put your trash on my property :)

#31 cvchief

cvchief

Professional Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:56 AM

Mark,

Why do I guess that your expression of neighbor displeasure might be delivered by a 55 gr BT BTHP to the back of the gourd some night? :o

El Jefe

Casa De Jefe

#32 MarkC

MarkC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:03 PM

Mark,

Why do I guess that your expression of neighbor displeasure might be delivered by a 55 gr BT BTHP to the back of the gourd some night? :o

you know what they say about paybacks :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users