• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,621 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:05 PM

I can't aways head into town to buy ribs from Kelly's so I found I could get awesome ribs by using Pork short ribs. Make sure they are PORK...

Either at Mega or Chedrui's purchase from the meat counter PORK short ribs. You want the ones that are about 4 to 6 inch long.

To feed two people, I purchase 4 pieces...left overs the next day are even better.

Parboil the ribs with a whole onion, quartered.
Boil for about 30 mins.

Remove meat, and onions and place on cookie sheet.

SMOTHER in BBQ sauce
Cover with foil, and cook in oven for about 3.5-4 hours
You can then smoke then on the grill, on the cookie sheet for another hour if you like the smokey flavor.

You can make great BBQ sauce by buying the cheapest brand sauce, add to that 1/2 cup strawberry jam, and 1/2 pineapple jam...it makes it sweet and sticky very similar to Sweet Baby Rays.

I just made these the other day and they where SOOOOOOOO good.

I also save some of the broth that ribs are cooked in and pour some over my dogs kibbles...keep the broth in the refrigerator.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#2 Olivio

Olivio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:143040

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:35 PM

The inlaws are commimg for dinner and I need time and temp information for a small pork loin roast. about 4 lbs. Can anyone help?
Lo bueno de los anos es que curan heridas, lo malo de los besos es que crean adiccion.

#3 Guest_Coz2wonder_*

Guest_Coz2wonder_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:16 PM

3/4 hours per pound at 300 degrees.

Internal temp needs to be 160 degrees.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users