• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 12:57 PM

Breathtaking setting, fresh fish dinners, music in the evenings to dance too.

If you order Lobster, make sure you have a solid price. Most of the complaints that I have heard, and read about is over the pricing of this particular dish.

They do have a huge volley ball court (if interested) and miles of beach to walk down.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#2 Sandy H

Sandy H

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 02:50 PM

Does Alberto's have a cover or minimum purchase requirement? How is the entrance for swimming? I'm bringing my 3 year-old grandson down and am looking for a very easy access swimming area for him (other than the little bay at Chen Rio of course).

Sandy

#3 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 03:09 PM

Easy access all down the beach area. Never a cover charge.

I found the URL for the resturant.

http://www.albertosbeachbar.com

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#4 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 02 April 2010 - 03:44 PM

Sandy
A wonderful place to take a 3 is Chankannab Park which has a really nice children's lagoon and a fancy, well-built wooden play area that even includes a swinging bridge. Since you're local you and the grandchild get in for half price once you get the park card.

#5 Sandy H

Sandy H

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 05:35 PM

I had forgotten, but we did take him to Chankanaab last year. Unfortunately the children's lagoon was so rocky you couldn't even walk in it! I wonder if there has been any improvement. We also went to Punta Sur, but were looking for somewhere free in addition to the parks -- he'll be here with me for a month!

He also loves the DIF park on 65 sur.

#6 pecas

pecas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 09:54 AM

Sandy - Check out Paradise Beach. Entrance is always free, although they do expect you to buy drink/food - but I found it to be reasonably priced and they do give a local discount. On Sundays with a local card you get free access to the activities and still get the discount for food/beverages. Put him in a life jacket (which they provide) and take him out to the trampoline - he'll have a blast.

#7 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 03 April 2010 - 10:07 AM

Check out Paradise Beach.

Good to know about the perks to locals. But the few times I've stopped in there it's been wall to wall tourists with chaise lounges lined up in long, closely packed rows. Not my scene.

#8 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 10:24 AM

Paradise is an excellent option. Sundays, nobody is there.

They also have some of the best food. The Poppers are EXCELLENT, as well as the Chicken Wrap (feeds two).

They also have one of the best shops on the island. I found some really sweet sun dresses, that you can just throw in the wash, and they come out perfect.

Oh, and yes the little tyke will have a BALL.

Anonymous

#9 Guest_pecosgirl_*

Guest_pecosgirl_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2010 - 05:25 PM

How about the little cove at Park Royal?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users