Triathlete Death

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 guerita76

guerita76

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Interests:aimless wandering, writing, photoshop, trying to understand people, snorkeling, jumping off the dock at the palapita, making myself laugh and learning everything I can

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:18 AM

If the U S Consulate in Merida has not been contacted, they can some take some action in getting a proper investigation They should be ASAP!!!! They have a FB page boys and girls lets load it up with complaints.

Rex, my sincere and heartfelt sympathy to you and your family!

U.S. Consulate Merida: 01-999-942-5700 (dialing from within Mexico), ext. 5722, 5723, or 5752
E - Mail: meridacons@state.gov

Thanks for the info, Traveler89. I just sent them a private message.

#22 Tia

Tia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:49 PM

"An independent expert witness hired by the family of the man who died after being run over states that the taxi was traveling about 120 kilometers per hour, based on the impact damage on the body of the vehicle. Local authorities favored the driver, who was found to be in violation of Article 165 of the Traffic Regulations of the State of Quintana Roo, which stipulates that a driver “shall not conduct a vehicle negligently or recklessly putting at risk the safety of persons or property. This is in contravention of the finding that the cyclist was at fault because he did not respect the taxi’s right of way. The law firm in Cancun that was retained by the family are studying the possibility that the municipality of Cozumel will be sued by the Robichaux family."

Found this in my wanderings. Can anyone corroborate this?

~Tia

#23 nauticab

nauticab

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:05 PM

the article was correct in all except rex told me that they were not planning on suing, but wants the taxi driver held responsible for his actions and they are hoping the taxi (or his insurance, cause they DO have insurance) pays for some of the medical expenses.
Cabrilla's Sport Center
Calle 11 % Melgar y 10av
Edificio Portales, Local 1
Dressing Fishermen and Triathletes from Head to Toe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users