April 4Th - 14Th Casa Coral - Mi Casa Cozumel Rentals
Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:12 PM
Started with picking up our great car w/ AC from Margarita at Isis, also brought some little gifts for her 2 new granddaughters.The owner of the Casa Coral gave us a ride to Isis after the taxi dropped us at the house.
Casa Coral from Mi Casa Cozumel Rentals, the house was awesome for the price $55 a night.2 bed, 2 bath, combo LR/ DR/ Kitchen – microwave, coffeepot, hairdryer, wi-fi and cable TV, strong A/C. Free Laundry facilities which was great for us as we only take carryons. Pool in yard was smaller than we thought but no biggie, most of our time was spent on the wildside or snorkeling at Punta Sur and of course the obligatory trip to Paradise Beach for our son;) Found out the food and drinks were much better tasting and cheaper at San Francisco beach next door so that is where we will plop ourselves down nextime and not pay $2 seating fee. Hung out one night with our new Mexican neighbors that were partying out on the street next door with their kids. Brought a plate of fruit and cupcakes for the kids which made us a big hit! Partied 2 other nights with Canadians that were staying in the other houses on the property.
It was nice to be in walking distance of so much cheap food – Parilla Mission, Soriana (groceries), Casa Mission for breakfast (our new favorite spot..beautiful grounds) and the rotisserie chicken w/ sides guy. Taqueria Diaz was also really good and cheap. We even walked to the new Love Café for the live music fun fun fun! The house owners also brought us over some homemade salsa and Guacamole w/ chips mid-week.
Stopped for our regular trip to the Humane Society and played with pups and donated cash. Also ran into Gabi Loco at La Hach (the diver who became paralyzed while trying to save another diver back in September) He seemed in good spirits and was with his 2 kids and wife having a nice time. You can still donate on the facebook site dedicated to him and Opal. Called Rally for Gabi and Opal.
New experiences this time around.
1. Son and Hubby did not think they would like the house, but decided they liked having separate bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, they also liked that when I watched TV late at night they could sleep as we were not all still in the same room. Son liked not having to wait to go to breakfast and could have his right out of the fridge in the am.
2. We also liked not having to call and wait for our car and then tip when we got in and tip when we got out – just walk out the door and go.
3. Felt very safe walking the streets at night..neighbors were very nice…told us we were “excellent” people
4. When snorkeling at Punta Sur saw a 4’ turtle our son petted and swam with, also saw 2 large 4’ nurse sharks.
5. Son and Hubby walked up the beach at Paradise to Sabor or Aura can’t remember which name..as they have hobiecats that are free to their guests but the guys let them take one out for 2 hours for only $35
6. First time for paid fishing w/ Cozumel Charters (except previous spearfishing w/ Leo) went deep sea fishing on Easter Sunday and Flats fishing on Thursday, beautiful days and the crew tried hard, BUT not even ONE bite on either occasion..as such VERY EXPENSIVE BOAT RIDE..and we own our own boat at home so a bust for us..not interested in trying that again for the cost $275.00 for each of the 2 trips OUCH!
7. Did the chocolate factory tour – definitely worth the $10 per person.
8. Discovered awesome chocolate shakes at No Name bar, tried a few other places that were yuk – went back for No Name shakes 7x on this trip
9. Tried Rock n Java new noodle bar to go – eh’ we could take it or leave it nothing special.
10. First time we ever did downtown in the square on Sunday night – nice but did not seem that different than other nights with the exception of the band, the silver man and the girl on stilts.
Biggest discovery for us was that April is too early for us water was still a bit chilly and when I go on vacation I do not want to be chilly ANYWHERE! June thru August from now on for us.
Interesting tidbit – as we always do we arrived and walked off airport property to flag a cab – never had a problem with this and did not have a problem this time – But the “taxi van” that picked us up actually pulled right out of the airport driveway and stopped right there in full view and charged us $8 total to take us to the house….wonder if he ever received flak about that.
Again a wonderful trip to the island! I’ll upload the few pics we took once we get them downloaded…Adios. Tina
Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:16 PM
Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:06 AM
Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:14 AM
Can you give some details as to where you were when you saw the turtle and shark at Punta Sur? I have snorkeled there two times; I want to see what you saw!
Sure thing, went out past the farthest rest platform by about 20 yards, and floated with the currect about 20 more yards (right when looking out from beach) and started heading back to beach.... after about 20 feet saw the turtle...another 10 feet between 2 rocks saw the nurse sharks. Good Luck we have seen turtles out their a few times but this was the largest and did not seem to "run" from us;)
Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:56 AM
Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:11 PM
I drink to forget, but I eat to remember.... so it all balances out
.· `·. ><((((º> .· `·. <º))))>< ,·. ..· `·. .· `·. <º))))>< .· `·.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users