Ants

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jim912

Jim912

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, teaching scuba and working on our house.

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:25 AM

Need a little help on where I might be able to purchase chemical to kill ants. I don't want a spray can as I would like to do the entire outside of our house and the flower beds and backyard was well. I have a 5 gallon backpack sprayer so would like a chemical that I could just add to water and spray.

Last night and early this morning I saw ants packing little pieces of leaves and they had a dead bug of some sort. Have a few crazy ants in the house once in a while.

Any help on the name and location of the store would be greatly appreciated.

#2 2islandbums

2islandbums

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Interests:Diving/ working to get dive money.

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:25 PM

Jim
I know a professional that will come and do the whole house it is cheap. He does our very small house inside and out and a small storage room for 150 pesos.
Name is Hugo, not sure how much English he speaks if you need help let me know. 987-102-6413(his number)
He knows my wife as Anna if you need to drop a name. :P
Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.

Albert Einstein,

#3 DebB

DebB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:37 PM

I've successfully used borax paste (mix with water) to eliminate ants -- put around the nest if you can find it or along the ants' route. Borax is avail. in little packets at Dori. Would prefer Boric acid but haven't found any here.

#4 Ron

Ron

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:24 PM

If you saw ants carrying little pieces of leaves they very well can be leaft cutters. For your sake I hope not. Getting rid of them is next to immpossible!!
These ants live 50 feet or more under ground they do not eat the leaves so putting poison down will not work. They take the leaves and chew them this then turns into a mold and that is what the ants eat.
There are two ways to get rid of them.
1 before the garden is planted you pump carbon monoxide down into the ground
2 The second is to find the nest pour gas down into the ground and light them up.
I had them and was never able to get rid of them until Wilma came and flooded them out.
So I hope for your sake they are not leaf cutters

#5 MarkC

MarkC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:53 PM

Wont the uncles get suspicious if you kill their wives?

nevermind... lol
“Corona con lima, Corona with lime... Todo el tiempo, hey all of the time... Con mucho gusto, I’m havin such a good time... Corona con lima, Corona with lime...”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users