1 reply to this topic

#1 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:24 PM

I woke up this morning and didn't feel like doing anything. I must have been out to late last night. Anyway, my neighbor came over and we decided to drive around the island. There is no chance of rest around here. We went out and picked up some beer and ice from Soriana.

Posted Image

It's not really a long drive to go around the island but you have to do it every once in a while so we packed up the Explorer and left for the cross island road. It is a beautiful day and the weather is great. It's usually only a one beer drive from Juarez to the other side but we took our time. I don't like to drive very fast so sometimes 35 mph seems like speeding. We made a few stops and I got a few photos.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

My neighbors traveling companion usually stays next door also but do to his Anthropological studies rented another house a few blocks away and we were invited over for dinner.

Posted Image

The dinner was corned beef sandwiches. Pascadeli's happened to have some corned beef in and they also had some dark rye bread. Sauerkraut wasn't that hard to find and cooked on their George Foreman grill they were pretty good.

Posted Image

We did run out of beer and had to go across the street to buy some more.

Posted Image

#2 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:26 PM

This is the week of Carnaval and it's the night of the big parade. I only go down for one parade now as there is always to many other things going on and I can't stay up that late every night. I took a few pictures but they didn't come out very well. I think it was more me than the camera. I think the whole town showed up. You can see the number of people in this short of space so imagine them lined up on both sides of the street all the way from Airport Road to Chedraui. Lots of people and a good time. After tonight it is time for a vacation.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users