2 replies to this topic

#1 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:31 PM

I woke up to another beautiful morning. The view from the deck is pretty good. The hotel has a small food stand out front that is popular with the locals. You can purchase coffee, juice, breakfast wraps, fry jacks, pastries, and more at reasonable prices.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The town of San Pedro has around 12,000 residents and is easy to navigate. There are 3 main streets. Front street, Middle street, and Back street. There are lots of gift shops, bars, restaurants, small food stores, and just about anything else you would want. A lot of people use golf carts to get around but everything is within walking distance.

Posted Image

After walking around all morning checking out all the shops it was time for a couple rum and cokes. Many of the bars are out on the water built on stilts and connected to the shore with a pier. The Tackle Box is close to our hotel and was our usual meeting place as everyone went their own way. The views from the bar are great too.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I met David at the Tackle Box and he was hungry. They do serve food here but he wanted to go to the Wild Mango next to our hotel to get a burrito and hopefully get the recipe for it. This is another very popular place and is always crowded.

Posted Image

View from the restaurant. I think they are only open for breakfast and lunch.

Posted Image

The food here is excellent.

Posted Image

#2 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:32 PM

When you are on vacation the days go by quickly. You just finish lunch and meet up with everyone else for a few more drinks and it's time for dinner. Tonight we went to Waruguma for papusa's. They are kind of a tortilla with different stuffings pressed into the tortilla then fried on a griddle. They are very good and not expensive.

Posted Image

Posted Image

They are all hand made out on the street in front of the restaurant. There is a whole list of fillings you can get. They also serve drinks. There are other items on the menu but this is what they are known for.

Posted Image

I had 1 shrimp and 1 crab papusa. If you make it down here, this a place to put on you list of restaurants to try.

Posted Image

#3 mexcelia

mexcelia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, films, snorkeling, walking, swimming, and photography

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:41 PM

I'm enjoying your pics and descriptions! Thanks for posting........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users