• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Southern Jim

Southern Jim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:20 AM

Was just wondering is there any dive shop on Coz that rent any type of underwater helmet cam or something along those lines. Would sure like to have some video but don't like the idea of buying.

Any ideas or tips will be appreciated. Thanks

Jim

#2 cvchief

cvchief

Professional Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts
  • Location:Pennsylvania mostly, though Coz as much as possible

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:34 AM

How about a Gopro? I hear peeps are getting some decent video. 199 on Amazon. That's pretty cheap.

Gopro

El Jefe

Wishing I was retiring to Cozumel.....

Casa De Jefe

#3 Southern Jim

Southern Jim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:46 AM

Chief, I agree looks like the GoPro is pretty amazing for the price at Amazon. My problem is I'm only 72 hrs from being in Coz. Bestbuy carries it, and it's in stock at my local one but it would be about $330 w/tax and not mounted. I was impressed with the video Gopro put out. Just wish I had thought of it a few days ago.

Was kind of hoping someone was renting a helmet mounted Gopro. I figure a bunch of folks off the ships would rent one.

Still hoping.

Jim

#4 cozumelwantabe

cozumelwantabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:20 AM

Check with your local dive shops in the states, I rented an underwater camerea from mine prior to coming down last time...
If they don't have them (the helment mounted Go Pro) on the island, I would agree that might be a pretty good item to add to an existing business, both for snorkling and diving...

#5 mstevens

mstevens

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 852 posts
  • Interests:Diving, Ducatis, Dorkdom

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:21 AM

I think the most accurate answer to the original question is

"No. I doubt there is any place on the island where you can rent a head-mounted underwater video camera."

#6 cvchief

cvchief

Professional Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts
  • Location:Pennsylvania mostly, though Coz as much as possible

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:21 AM

Well, I could have it on my door step in 48hrs from Amazon. They are QUICK...

I imagine there are some around down there. I know my op will rent one to her divers, but it isn't a big thing down there I guess.

El Jefe

Wishing I was retiring to Cozumel.....

Casa De Jefe

#7 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 11 May 2012 - 04:29 PM

amazon IS fast. I have an amazon prime account and they've shore turned me into a loyal customer when I'm stateside! Never seems to take longer than two days and I note you can request and pay for overnight shipping on a lot of items. It is possible you might have time to order it.

#8 Southern Jim

Southern Jim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:03 PM

Amazon is fast and I am out of luck. If I didn't wait till today it would have worked. When I went to the Amazon Gopro link in the earlier post the earliest delivery was Mon. I'm on the road before sunrise Monday. Such is life.

#9 MarkC

MarkC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:57 AM

If you want to buy or rent. i dunno. But if you book a 4 day or better package with Dive With Martin, you get 1 free professional video on DVD.
“Corona con lima, Corona with lime... Todo el tiempo, hey all of the time... Con mucho gusto, I’m havin such a good time... Corona con lima, Corona with lime...”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users