3 replies to this topic

#1 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:01 PM

Today it is time to go back to Ambergris Caye. We decided to take the noon boat back so we could have breakfast first then have a little time to walk around town. We ate on the porch at a small place on front street. The food was good. We were about to leave when my neighbors came walking up the street. They had just arrived by water taxi and were going back to Ambergris on the same boat as we were. They came down to the island for the weekend and are staying at the same hotel as we are. It's a small world. That's three sets of people that we know from Cozumel that were here in Belize for a short vacation.

Posted Image

We walked around town a bit and picked up our final souvenirs to take back to Cozumel. Ended up back at the Bambooze for a few drinks before departing. One of the people we had dinner with last night worked for the water taxi company and met us at the bar. We bought our tickets to Chetumal from him and he gave us the taxi ride back to Ambergris for free. That saved us $20 BZ.

Posted Image

The water taxi leaves from a pier close to the bar so we could keep and eye out for when it arrived. They have a small cart on the pier where you can put your luggage and they will haul it to the boat and load it for you.

Posted Image

The police have their boat docked here too.

Posted Image

The boat going back isn't very big but it makes good time.

Posted Image

Twenty minutes later we were approaching Ambergris Caye.

Posted Image

We had reserved a room at Ruby's for when we came back so checked in and went to the Tackle Box for a few drinks.

Posted Image

Since we were going back to Cozumel tomorrow we walked around town and down the beach to pick up a few more items we wanted to bring back.

Posted Image

Posted Image

We sat around the deck at Ruby's finishing up the Rum we had left then went our own ways for dinner. I picked up some carry out sweet and sour shrimp.

Posted Image

#2 Spencer

Spencer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:45 PM

Hi Steve, great reports as usual. Just curous what kind of things do you pick up in Belize to take back to Coz ( I hope not the beer;)doesn't Coz have the same stuff or less than Coz?

#3 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:09 PM

I hate bringing things back but people from the states always want something to throw in a drawer or put in a corner somewhere that they will never use. I limit those to little trinkets I bring back. Sometimes I find something unique that I want. This time I fornd cut conch shells that I have never seen before and they caught my interest. I argued with the girl that was selling them about price for a couple of days. Finally I told her I was leaving tomorrow and was still interested. She got her father on the phone and we agreeded on a price. I am now the owner of 4 conch shells with hand carved spoons that I will use about twice a year and will collect dust for the rest of the time. I know it's stupid but I still bring back a few things on some of my travels.

Posted Image

#4 cvchief

cvchief

Professional Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts
  • Location:Pennsylvania mostly, though Coz as much as possible

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:20 PM

Those are cool. I would have bought them. Of course I don't haggle well so I would have paid 10 times what you did I imagine....

El Jefe

Wishing I was retiring to Cozumel.....

Casa De Jefe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users