• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 CDFIllini

CDFIllini

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:33 PM

CDLU, My wife and I have been members of the CP since 1998. We love the place for the many reasons stated above. Our daughter and her freinds have used our week the last couple of years. This year, none of us will be able to use it so I was going to bank it with RCI. If you are interested, we would be willing to sell you our week. Think about it and if you are interested, want more details, questions, etc. then either PM or email me.

Thanks,

Cliff & Jeri in Illinois
cdfillini@yahoo.com

#22 kixy1

kixy1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:28 PM

Sorry, resurrecting an old thread... Can anyone tell me if the 1 bedroom Coral Suite is large enough for 4 adults? My husband and I are going to be there for 1 week with my 2 kids (late teens) joining us the second week. The 2 bedroom just seems like overkill.

We were going to stay at Play Azul, LOVE that place, and I heard the suites are really large, but they don't have kitchenettes, grrr. I think for 2 weeks I need to have a frig! We'll miss the beach, but the kids will probably enjoy it more at CP, sounds like it has a little more 'action' :P

#23 TheOptimist

TheOptimist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:49 PM

We've stayed at CP for about 10 years and love it. Coral Suite is nice but the extra beds are really just the sofas with very heavy cushions in the living room area. If the kids need privacy ( teenagers usually do )get the extra bedroom with private entrance to the main suite. You'll be glad you did. ( Consider your privacy as well )

My 20 something daughter brought a friend last year and they had the extra bedroom. It worked out well.

We always use the kitchen during our stay and it comes in handy for a few meals during the week. Pedro, Carlos and Jamie at the Conceriege desk are terrific. Ask them anything and they will make sure you are taken care of. Enjoy your stay.

When are you arriving? We'll be there in about a week. 10 / 27 through 11/3.

Mike

#24 kixy1

kixy1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:12 PM

Thanks Mike! I'm looking into the 2 bedroom, tried to find some timeshare rentals, but struck out.. We won't be there until March, ugh :(

#25 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:32 PM

You might want to contact Pedro who is the concierge at the CP.

He knows all the owners, and he might be able to advise you on who might have coupons on the owners side that would be willing to sell.

Here is their FB page:
http://www.facebook....ozumelconcierge

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#26 cdlu

cdlu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:00 PM

We stayed at CP last week; very nice place although I do have both positive and negatives. The positives; nice big cold rooms; very friendly staff, reasonable price,ok food, happy hour was good, nice man-mad beach, great snorkeling.
Some of the things I did not like: the balcony is way too small, you have to pay for coffee(this is unacceptable to me),there was one bottle of water in the room the day we arrived and they never put another bottle in our room the rest or the week, they did not clean the rooms until around 5 in the evening when we were trying to get ready for dinner (actually we had to ask them to clean the room two days), their so-called American breakfast did not include meat (but for extra money you could eat the buffet and get bacon), we did sit in on the membership sales pitch but was ready to get up and leave after the first two minutes of listening to the guy.
We did enjoy our stay simply because we were on the island and on the beach; but, it is not in my plans to stay at CP again.
Cindy

#27 ccannon707

ccannon707

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:08 PM

Totally understand your dismay at the balcony size ... (see my comment on pg 1 of this thread). I'm still puzzled how that size balcony design was approved for a waterfront hotel!! I'd forgotten about the water trip. We learned quickly and went and bought a big 5gal bottle and a bomba pump for our stay. My hubby brings his own coffee and drip cone thingy, learned from the early days of instant Nescafé being the only coffee available :P

...Christine

I drink to forget, but I eat to remember.... so it all balances out

.· `·. ><((((º> .· `·. <º))))>< ,·. ..· `·. .· `·. <º))))>< .· `·.

#28 kixy1

kixy1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:26 PM

Just thought I would check back to report how our stay at the CP was...

The hotel was very nice, clean and well appointed. The staff (with one exception)were very friendly and helpful. We had a two room 'suite' in what I was told was the 'new' tower. We were on the 5th floor at the very south end of the hotel. The room was clean, but small. The kitchen had a full sized frig, hotplate, microwave, blender, toaster, and coffee pot. It was fairly well appointed, but with 5 of us we were a bit short on glasses and dishes. I have to agree with previous posters, having to buy my own drinking water rubbed me the wrong way...this is a reasonable hotel, but not budget. They should provide at least a large bottle a day.

When you walked in the door you immediately walked into the table which was annoying, but not a huge deal. The kitchen, kitchen table and 'living area' were all in one room. When the couch was out it was a jungle gym activity to get around LOL

The bedroom and bathroom are off the main room. The bedroom was nicely appointed and the beds were VERY comfortable! The best I've had in Cozumel. The porch off the bedroom was only about 1.5 feet wide, but the one off the living area was fine. A table and 2 chairs with plenty of room.

The second bedroom was added by opening the adjoining door just off the kitchen. The entry door, the table, and the adjoining door were all withing a few feet. Again very awkward, but I'm going to say a price I'm willing to pay for the VIEW! Just spectacular :)

If you are going to use the fold out bed, you must request it to be made up. They don't keep sheets on it and there were no extras in the room.

All in all if you are a couple or possibly a family with younger (read smaller ;)children it would be perfect. With 5 adults it was a bit tight for 2 weeks.

No issues with water pressure or hot water. Housekeeping did a wonderful job. We actually had them skip a few days here and there as we didn't feel we needed it. She even did the dishes I was going to finish later! I felt bad...gave her a little extra.

We had no issues with noise, we could hear the live music on those nights, but not very loud and it doesn't go on late. The beach is nice, chairs and umbrellas always available, easy ocean access and the snorkeling was above average for Cozumel IMO.

We did the free breakfast every morning. Eggs or pancakes, tea or coffee, juice or friut, and bread. Basic, simple, but just fine. We never ate at the restaurant, but did order some snacks (nachos, quesadillas, etc) for lunch a few times. Everything was tasty.

They actually have waiters all day in the beach area who will bring you drinks and food. This was very nice, we felt pampered and truly 'on vacation'! but beware....the bill will come LOL The drinks are resort priced so it can add up.

This hotel is at the northern end. You could walk to town, I suppose, but it's a ways. 60 pesos to downtown. They offer money exchange, which was convenient. I think the actual was 1=12.45 and they gave 12. I usually prefer to just get pesos from the ATM, but this year the we ended up bringing cash, as did all the kids.

We enjoyed our stay and would have no problem recommending the CP to anyone :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users