24 replies to this topic

#1 cozumelwantabe

cozumelwantabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:53 AM

Hi everyone,
I just found out I know some people coming down next week that have not been on the island in about 20 years.
Is there a good place to print a current map of Cozumel on line (hopefully will show the current beach clubs/ spots on the WEST and East side of the island)?? I thought I had remembered seeing one, but can't find it right now.
I would like to show them some of the places we like to go.
Thanks, Bill

#2 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:09 PM

I would purchase the most recent edition of their Cozumel map from cancunmap.com I believe their little business is called. They do a great job and keep it updated pretty much on a yearly basis I believe. Inexpensive, too.

#3 TRAVELER89

TRAVELER89

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:56 PM

Ric's "www.EverythingCozumel.com" has some of the better info and maps of Cozumel....

NOTE: EVERYTHING IS COPY RIGHT PROTECTED!

#4 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 20 May 2012 - 02:35 PM

I wasn't aware of Ric.'s website. As long as it is entirely non-commercial I will allow the link out as it looks like he has gone to a lot of work to amass useful info.

#5 cozumelwantabe

cozumelwantabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:25 AM

Thanks for your help!!

#6 MarkC

MarkC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:01 AM

http://www.cozumelco...in-cozumel.html
“Corona con lima, Corona with lime... Todo el tiempo, hey all of the time... Con mucho gusto, I’m havin such a good time... Corona con lima, Corona with lime...”

#7 cdlu

cdlu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:55 AM

www.mapchick.com
Cindy

#8 Coz_Aholic

Coz_Aholic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 733 posts
  • Interests:Travel, Diving, Fishing, and of course FAMILY!

Author of Cozumel The Complete Guide II

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:24 AM

I just got a copy of Ric's Cozumel map and it is the ONLY FULL map I have ever seen of Cozumel. Not just centro and the tourist areas but the entire city. It is the ONLY map that lists all the streets in Cozumel, major businesses, churches, doctors offices,dentists, drug stores,hospitals, parking, ATMs, Government offices, schools, and parks. They can be purchased at Los Cinco Soles. Also check out his San Gervasio and Tulam booklets...packed full of CORRECT information.

#9 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:26 AM

hire a guide if you go to any of the ruins. It brings the history to life when the guide explains the relevance to the Mayan culture.

You don't need to buy a 'guide' to what is available for free on the Internet.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#10 Coz_Aholic

Coz_Aholic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:39 AM

I agree and disagree with the "hire a guide". My friend is a tour guide who takes groups to San Gervasio and then hires a park guide. It seems that much of what the guides tell you is incorrect or made up. Each guide will tell a different story giving contridicting information. Ric's guides are only a few $$ and are deeply researched. They are also sold at the ruins. You would have to dig very deep on the internet to find some of the information he gives.

#11 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:36 AM

Ric does a very good job on his publication. I did see the book at Cino Soles and will check it out.

We did have an EXCELLENT guide, Rubin. He hit most of the key points that Ric describes in his outline of his book.

If one is serious about learning the legacy of the Mayan ruins, then research prior to going to any ruin will enhances the experience, and will enable us to asking more in-depth questions of the guide while there.

BTW, if you have a senior card, it is free admission. Otherwise, it is 8 usd to go into the ruins.

In scanning Ric's recommended Cozumel information sites, I didn't see CMC listed however.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#12 MarkC

MarkC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:17 AM

i think the grass grew an inch overnight
“Corona con lima, Corona with lime... Todo el tiempo, hey all of the time... Con mucho gusto, I’m havin such a good time... Corona con lima, Corona with lime...”

#13 cozumelwantabe

cozumelwantabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:40 AM

Thanks MarkC,
Great info....

#14 MarkC

MarkC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:19 AM

Thanks MarkC,
Great info....

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#15 budaman

budaman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 06:58 AM

After seeing this thread last week, had wife bring a copy of Ric's map home when she returned this week. It is very detailed & large enough for what I wanted.

Now, does anyone know of a place on the island where I could get it mounted on some cork board. My idea was to hang it in our condo so we & guests could pin our favorite restaurants, stores, dive shops, etc.

Thanks for any ideas.

Mike

#16 Coz_Aholic

Coz_Aholic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:09 AM

Won't you need 2 maps since it is 2 sided? We were wondering how to do the same thing.

#17 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:15 AM

easy...mount it in Plexiglas, both sides. You can either frame it, or you can buy the clips for mounting plexiglas without frames.

Anonymous

#18 budaman

budaman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:14 PM

Hard to stick pins in plexi....that's why I was thinking cork. Guess we could bring down some of the cork tiles & glue them to the walls. Could do a large enough area with those for not much $'s & they would be easy to carry in our bags. Could get another map & do both sides. I think I figured it out!

#19 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:36 PM

yes it would be difficult to stick push pins into Plexiglas.

There are clear clamps that hold the two pieces of plexi together, and you can hardly see them, then the wire that it would hang from is secured into the back with these clamps.

Very discreet, and a very nice display.

Sorry, I must have misunderstood what you where trying to accomplish.

Anonymous

#20 GringaErin

GringaErin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 03:14 PM

They sell pretty big bulletin boards at the papelerias or at Sams. That might work if you can't find the actual cork board. The fabric stores also sell foam (light weight for craft projects) that could also work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users