2 replies to this topic

#1 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:46 PM

It's another morning and things are going along and on schedule. Breakfast is done, my shower is over and beer and ice have been picked up, there is nothing to do now.

Posted Image

I haven't been to the other side of the island in a day or two. David stopped by and it only took a couple of words to convince him to go along. Had to stop for gas first. $9.96 pesos per liter. I've never had anyone try to scam me when getting gas on Cozumel. Only in Tulum and a few other places on the mainland. I always give the attendant a $10 peso tip.

Posted Image

The drive around the island is always nice. Lots of great scenery and plenty of places to stop.

Posted Image

It's a beautiful day for a ride.

Posted Image

We went almost all the way to Punta Sur when my neighbors passed me going the other way. We turned around to see where they were going.

Posted Image

It's a small island and we found them a Coconut's.

Posted Image

The view from Coconut's is always good. It's the highest spot on the island. Chuco runs the place and is always glad to see you when you come in. We had a drink or two and headed back to town taking the southern route.

Posted Image

Getting back to town can be difficult as you have to pass La Hach and can never do that unless you stop for a beer.

Posted Image

Another problem is once you walk out of La Hach you see a couple of people you know at La Palapila next door so what else is there to do but have a beer there.

Posted Image

This is a nice place to go with a great view of the water.

Posted Image

#2 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:48 PM

It's a good thing we started early. We have another 10 minute drive back into town and that's a long way. We'll make one more stop on the way back.

Posted Image

We run into the churro man here.

Posted Image

I made it home after dropping Dave off. My neighbors had just come home and wanted to know if I wanted to join them for dinner at El Moro. Off we went.

Posted Image

El Moro is a great restaurant but kind of hard to find. I know how to get there but could never give someone directions. It's around 75th. or 80th. a block or two behind the Pemex station on the cross island road.

Posted Image

The food is always excellent along with the staff and owners. It's a popular spot with Gringos. I had the fresh Grouper. Never any complaints here and the prices are reasonable. It's just hard to find if you don't know where you are going.

Posted Image

#3 Agnes62

Agnes62

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:41 AM

Always love your reports!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users