Property Management/Home Care

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_casacozumel01_*

Guest_casacozumel01_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:01 AM

Hola,

My wife and I, originally from the USA & Costa Rica, have just opened a business on the island. We live here full time. We offer a full line of property management services for people who have homes on the island but do not live here full time. I come from a very fast paced wholesale club management business on the East coast with 40+ years of experience in delivering value and superior customer service. My wife has specialized in human care services and home care services.

We have had personal experience with three different property management companies during the past nine years while only living on the island part time and traveling back and forth to the USA. Utilizing these companies personally, greatly helped us to learn all of the "dont's" and ensure that we deliver superior service and provide our clients with the quality services which they deserve and pay for.

All of our team members have performed numerous projects in our own home and we have also visited other homes where they performed projects so that we could monitor their quality of work, timeliness and ethics, and this is why we highly recommend everyone on our team. There were many that we tested and had to say "thanks but no thanks" to.

Our pricing is below our major competitors and we tend to every home as if it were our own.

Please visit or FaceBook page, (cozumelhomecarebyhansel&grettel), where you can see our team in action and learn more about us personally, and our past business experience.

Thank you,
John & Grettel Pera
Cozumel Home Care by Hansel & Grettel Property Management
Cozumel 987/107/5984
USA Number 508/970/5311
casacozumel@hotmail.com
Web site which will be turned on soon www.cozumelhomecare.com

#2 liverbird

liverbird

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:58 PM

I don't know if this is a translation or cultural problem but, to me, "home care" implies taking care of a sick or aged person who is not able to go out or to take care of themselves.

Just pointing it out.

#3 Valli

Valli

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Interests:Travel, cooking, bike riding,

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:32 PM

Glad you identified your take on this, liverbird, as being from Canada, I thought the same thing. Upon first view of this post, I assumed it was extra care provided to enable someone to remain in their home and have some independence. That is what "home care" means in Canada, and it is a term widely used here to mean just that - so maybe it is cultural. Casacozumel01 - here is wishing you success and congratulations on your new business venture, but you may want to "tweak" that title a bit to eliminate confusion.

Valli

#4 mstevens

mstevens

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 852 posts
  • Interests:Diving, Ducatis, Dorkdom

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:16 PM

I'm in the US, and I read "home care" initially to mean in-home care of an invalid.

"Care of your home", "property management", or "property care" might all convey the same idea without the ambiguity.

#5 cozumelwantabe

cozumelwantabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:46 PM

I'm in the US, and I read "home care" initially to mean in-home care of an invalid.

"Care of your home", "property management", or "property care" might all convey the same idea without the ambiguity.

Maybe they do mean taking care of someone in their home?? That is still a well respected job and you need a great deal of trust to be allowed into someones home to take care of your loved one.... Most of the time from what I have seen the people performing these functions are not on the high end of the pay scale and NOT to have items walk away when it would be very easy to do. To you that perform that function my hat is off to you!!! I don't think I could do that... but then again, that is just me...

#6 cvchief

cvchief

Professional Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts
  • Location:Pennsylvania mostly, though Coz as much as possible

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:54 PM

I think Cozumel Home Care was kind of a cute take on property management. And look how much play the term home care got them here. ANY publicity is good right?

El Jefe

Wishing I was retiring to Cozumel.....

Casa De Jefe

#7 Guest_casacozumel01_*

Guest_casacozumel01_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:37 AM

Hello all,
Thanks for your "take" on the name. The publicity is great!! I think that you will remember us now. The funny thing is that my wife specialized in care of the elderly in Costa Rica and the USA so we can offer this service as well. Best Regards, John

#8 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 12:20 PM

Elder care is an excellent service to offer.

When my father in-law visited us for 5 loooooong weeks, I tried to find someone who would take him around, sit with him and just take keep an eye on him when we were not available.

I was out of luck on that one.

A number of folks travel with elders, and as much as you love them, having someone else to cover for you really is a great service.

Also, with Cozumel become a center for cosmetic treatments, home care might also be an avenue to pursue.

There is NO competition in either arena.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#9 mstevens

mstevens

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 852 posts
  • Interests:Diving, Ducatis, Dorkdom

Posted 16 June 2012 - 01:33 PM

Seriously consider Coz2wonder's points!

My parents are getting up there in age and my dad has significant difficulty getting around. My mom, in contrast to my dad, is pretty spry when her hip isn't acting up. They co-own the house with us and plan on spending lots of time there, and there have already been some issues of our needing to spend time looking after my dad when there are other things that we should be doing. I would definitely hire someone to help out.

Around here, cosmetic surgery is pretty much a same-day procedure and people typically check into a swank hotel post-op and have nurses and therapists come in and help out (dressing changes, etc.) for a few days before they go home. Since Cozumel is offering the surgery but, as far as I can tell, not the convalescent procedures, this seems like a great market to tap into.

I think the reason I initially read "home care" the way I did was wishful thinking that someone was offering this service.

#10 nauticab

nauticab

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:28 PM

lots of elderly/sick care is done by nurses on the off hours. i have a friend who has a nurse come take of his dad daily for several hours, bathing him, taking him to the market, helping his dress, etc, and making sure he is ok on his meds.
actually quite reasonable, but you need to know what to ask for and finding a trustworthy person. offering this kind of service with the right credentials could be lucrative....if you can get by immigration with it and get it approved. good luck on both ventures!
Cabrilla's Sport Center
Calle 11 % Melgar y 10av
Edificio Portales, Local 1
Dressing Fishermen and Triathletes from Head to Toe

#11 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:00 PM

I think what people are seeking is a care givers who has some health care skills, and the ability to communicate in English to the foreign community.

Perhaps the person would need transportation to the store, or doctors office so that would also be of importance, as well as translation if needed.
I think most understand that the ability to communicate the needs of the person they are caring for are of the utmost importance, and not necessary the price.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users