• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 itzrandy

itzrandy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:02 AM

You might consider staying at an inexpensive B & B that includes a full breakfast. One good one is Alicia's B & B. The rooms are very clean and the nieghborhood is safe and you can walk to town to "eat around". There are so many local restaurants to choose from that have delicious food and need your business. Don't stay in an AI, you will be sadly disappointed. Alicia's rooms start at $40.00 I believe. We have stayed there many times in the past.
Cozumel is a very safe place and you can walk all around in the evening and not worry. There are several nice restaurants right around the corner from Alicia's. But you can check out other B & Bs. Good luck and have a wonderful time. We will be coming back in October to dive, Hooray!!!!!!!

#42 Tori Tucker

Tori Tucker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:01 PM

Thanks so much Randy!! October isn't too far away ;)

#43 DJDiverDan

DJDiverDan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Interests:Scuba Diving, economics, Politics, Libertarian. And eating great food (usually to excess!)

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:21 AM

Tori, I have your report on Hotel La Casona Real. I'm here in Cozumel now, checked into Hotel La Casona Real last night. I'm eating Breakfast at Las Palmas, at the front of the Plaza, as I type this. The Hotel is OK, not fancy, but by no means a dump. The AC in the room works. The pool is very shallow, and too much chlorine, but sufficient to get wet and cool off. My one complaint is the bathroom; the little alcove for the toilet is so narrow that there is simply no way for a big guy like me to sit comfortably. For me, that's a deal killer and I won't be going back. Also, the website says there is a restaurant on site that serves breakfast, and when I asked yesterday what time the restaurant opens for breakfast, I was told 8:30 (that's much too late for scuba diving, so I would never plan on breakfast there on dive days). But I'm not diving this morning, so I went to the Restaurant area for breakfast about 9:00. After about 15 minutes, I was told by the girl who was setting up tables "No breakfast today". What good is a restaurant on site if you never know whether or not it will serve you? Location is not bad -- 4 blocks straight back from the North end of the Plaza, so it's in easy walking distance.

#44 DJDiverDan

DJDiverDan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Interests:Scuba Diving, economics, Politics, Libertarian. And eating great food (usually to excess!)

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:47 AM

Another recommendation for affordable dining. I had a big lunch yesterday, so all I wanted was a light supper. I went to Del Sur, on Ave. 5, about 2 blocks South of the Plaza. Empanadas are only 17-22 pesos each, and are absolutely delicious. For less than 180 pesos (about $14.00), I had two savory Empanadas, the spiced beef and the shrimp, a mixed salas, and two desert Empanadas, the apple and cinnamon and the Dolce de Leche with bananas, pluse iced tea. It was more than enough, and the food was great. I'll definitely go back.

#45 mstevens

mstevens

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 852 posts
  • Interests:Diving, Ducatis, Dorkdom

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:00 AM

Del Sur's "Del Sur" (bacon and plum) emapanada ftw!

#46 cvchief

cvchief

Professional Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts
  • Location:Pennsylvania mostly, though Coz as much as possible

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:21 PM

Mstevens shoots, he scores!!! (I just drooled a little....)

El Jefe

Wishing I was retiring to Cozumel.....

Casa De Jefe

#47 Tori Tucker

Tori Tucker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:16 PM

DJ- Wow, thanks so much! I hope you're having a beyond amazing time. How is your diving??

I'm really upset to write this but I won't be making it to Cozumel in August, my dad has something that came up. I'm heartbroken! D; That's okay though, I think we will make it in December. If we don't.. Well I might have to go without him! hahahaha

Now just another 5 months to go...

#48 mstevens

mstevens

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 852 posts
  • Interests:Diving, Ducatis, Dorkdom

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:45 PM

I won't be making it to Cozumel in August... I think we will make it in December.

We'll be on the island in September, but only because it's a special day when we need to be away from home. Otherwise, August through October can be awfully hot. My entire family will be there in December in large part because the weather is so nice there (and so not-nice in New England).

Apart from the waiting, you may have won.

#49 Tori Tucker

Tori Tucker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:56 PM

That's awesome!! Only about 2 months then!! How long are you staying in September?

I was actually planning to stay in September, as I'm homeschooled I could go anytime. But I think I might be going to public school this year so it might not work!

Maybe we'll overlap in December! I'm planning on staying December 8-15. My birthday is the 11th.. what better place to spend my quince. lol!!

The waiting is the only bad part, but 5 months isn't bad at all!! Time does fly :) Do you know where you'll be staying??

#50 Tori Tucker

Tori Tucker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:56 PM

That's awesome!! Only about 2 months then!! How long are you staying in September?

I was actually planning to stay in September, as I'm homeschooled I could go anytime. But I think I might be going to public school this year so it might not work!

Maybe we'll overlap in December! I'm planning on staying December 8-15. My birthday is the 11th.. what better place to spend my quince. lol!!

The waiting is the only bad part, but 5 months isn't bad at all!! Time does fly :) Do you know where you'll be staying??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users