• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Agnes62

Agnes62

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:02 AM

Has anyone gone to the Salsa lessons Friday night? Just wondering if it got a pretty good crowd and was easy/hard/fun?

#2 MarkC

MarkC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:22 AM

We wanted to, but never got around to it.

Next year...
“Corona con lima, Corona with lime... Todo el tiempo, hey all of the time... Con mucho gusto, I’m havin such a good time... Corona con lima, Corona with lime...”

#3 guerita76

guerita76

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Interests:aimless wandering, writing, photoshop, trying to understand people, snorkeling, jumping off the dock at the palapita, making myself laugh and learning everything I can

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:52 PM

I have been as an observer only, there for the live band... and everyone seemed to be able to follow along and definitely had a lot of fun. Some nights there are more people than others, but have yet to see anyone not enjoy themselves.

#4 Agnes62

Agnes62

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:36 PM

Thanks - I think we may go! Going to be there is 5 days!! There are 4 others coming with us and I am trying to make a list of things to do for everyone's interests. Any other suggestions are great. I have been there 6 times, so I sort of know my way around and speak Spanish fluently,

#5 ljohnson

ljohnson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Interests:Salsa Dancing, Kiteboarding, Scuba Diving, and living in Paradise

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:41 PM

The Friday Salsa schedule at La Palapita has recently changed. It's now Friday Sunset Salsa. My beginner salsa class starts around 5:15 pm. The live salsa band plays from 6:30 - 8:00 pm. Happy Hour drink specials are from 5-7pm. You can see updates on my Salsa Website: www.salsacozumel.com If you're looking for salsa later in the evening on Friday, the only place that regularly has live salsa music right now is Tiki Tok. But they don't offer classes.
Laura Johnson
www.salsacozumel.com

#6 Agnes62

Agnes62

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:41 PM

I have been to your site! Very well done - and I love the music when it opens!

#7 guerita76

guerita76

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Interests:aimless wandering, writing, photoshop, trying to understand people, snorkeling, jumping off the dock at the palapita, making myself laugh and learning everything I can

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:43 AM

There is now live salsa at the Zocalo on Melgar Friday nights starting at 11.... a unique and really fun spot... and I believe there was some discussion about getting an instructor, so Laura you may want to visit and check into it

#8 mstevens

mstevens

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 852 posts
  • Interests:Diving, Ducatis, Dorkdom

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:57 PM

I saw the thread title and got all excited about culinary possibilities...

#9 guerita76

guerita76

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:14 AM

Mstevens, thanks for the laugh! And you know, culinary salsa lessons would be much better for my self esteem.... as trying to learn to dance is never less than humiliating for me...

#10 ljohnson

ljohnson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:32 PM

HI Friends,

Due to the rain, Friday Sunset Salsa at the Palapita has been cancelled today....as well as the beginner dance classes. Hope you can come next week.

Cheers
Laura Johnson
www.salsacozumel.com

#11 cdlu

cdlu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:44 AM

HI Friends,

Due to the rain, Friday Sunset Salsa at the Palapita has been cancelled today....as well as the beginner dance classes. Hope you can come next week.

Cheers

Will there be Salsa lessons this Friday evening at Palapita, July 20th? If so, time?
Cindy

#12 ljohnson

ljohnson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:15 PM

HI Cindy,

Sorry I didn't see your note in the forums. I am glad you emailed me so you'd have the info. For anyone who's wondering, there is no longer a salsa band at La Palapita or at least that's been the case for over a month now. I have decided to teach my beginner group class at Tiki Tok at 9pm instead. My website reflects the most current information on class times and locations of clubs that have live salsa music on a regular basis: www.salsacozumel.com.

Que viva la salsa!
Laura Johnson
www.salsacozumel.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users