• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 cozumelwantabe

cozumelwantabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 12:43 PM

Has anyone stayed at Miramar condos and if so who did you book with?
We are looking at unit 404 for July 1st to July 11th and it looks like it will just be Terry and I.
I have always stayed in a Villa and have not tried a Condo so I am not sure about it yet.
Thanks for the input!!!
Bill

#2 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 12:58 PM

http://www.cozumelvi...om/miramar.html

That's who you book with.

You have many choices here.

Nah Ha has some OUTSTANDING apartments available. One of the posters here Mark has quite a beautiful place he rents out.

We have friends who live in Nah Ha, and I so enjoy the deck, pool and the surrounding area.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#3 jsmflake

jsmflake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Interests:Cozumel
    Travel
    Gardening
    Reading

Posted 08 April 2010 - 05:01 PM

We have stayed at Mirimar several times in #201. We rented from At Home In Cozumel. We really like the complex, and the one bedroom condos are very adequate for a couple. The pool is nice, but you get alot of traffic from NaHah and Marzul using Mirimar's diving/jumping platform for ocean entry. This probably depends on the time of year you are there, as we have always been there during spring break, when lots of families are around with pre-teens and teenagers. I imagine most of the year it is pretty quiet there.

We like the 200 level condo's, as you are at street level in the front, no climbing stairs, and have a decent view out the back on the ocean side.
Our experience with semi-permanent residents is great, everyone is very friendly and helpful. :)

Jennifer

#4 cozumelwantabe

cozumelwantabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 11:24 AM

I'm thinking I will really like the additional space of the two bedroom, we can always put our lugage and other items in the spare room. I guess we might not like the stairs, but hey I can always use the workout.....
Jennifer, on one of the web sites if had several people complaining of a foul oder, have you noticed anything? Also it looks like most of the units are one bedroom so I wouldn't think there would be many kids running around??
I'll see if I can find Marks info, I know he sent it to me before, but I'm not sure what I did with it.
Thanks, Bill

#5 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 11:50 AM

Here's Mark' site:http://mysite.verizon.net/vzep3sxw/index.html

At home in Cozumel are GREAT property manangers. They only deal with ocean front property.

http://www.cozumel.tc/

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#6 jsmflake

jsmflake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
    Travel
    Gardening
    Reading

Posted 09 April 2010 - 04:34 PM

Bill, I noticed the foul odor others spoke from the balcony in #201, but it wasn't strong enough to keep me off said balcony. A nice breeze was blowing most of the time. Do the 2 bedroom condo's also have 2 bathrooms? This is the one thing we sometimes could have used while there! The ocean front bedrooms are huge, while the kitchen's are "one butt kitchens". This didn't bother us, as we only made 2 breakfasts and 1 lunch in the condo, and I was glad to stay out of my husband's way while he did that! :D

We saw no young children at the condo any time we have stayed there.

If you need alot of space, Mark's place if fantastic. We stayed there Christmas 2007 with the family, and loved it.
The website I have for Nah Ha 602 is: http://www.cozumelcondominium.com/

Jennifer

#7 cozumelwantabe

cozumelwantabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 11:34 AM

Jennifer,The bedrooms are upsatirs and it says they have a private bath in each.
The living room, dinning and kitchen are on the lower leval along with a bath, I am sure this is a half bath.
I'll let you know when we get back!!! I just reserved it this morning so were all set now, we have our park and stay, airline tickets, rental car and now last but not least a place to stay!!!
Thanks for eveyones help and Marks place looks great, but it's a little much for just Terry and I.
Bill

#8 jsmflake

jsmflake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
    Travel
    Gardening
    Reading

Posted 10 April 2010 - 01:38 PM

It sounds like you will have a wonderful vacation! We just got back on April 3rd, and miss the island already! Have a great time, I know you will. You can't go wrong on the north end of the island! B)

#9 hockeymom

hockeymom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 08:17 PM

Bill,

My sister and I stayed in Miramar 404 the last week of September 2009. If you want some pictures, I have plenty. I just sent you an email.

Mary

#10 Kirista

Kirista

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 06:11 PM

We will be there at almost the same time! We generally stay in a two bedroom condo @ the cantamar... it is our favorite... The extra bedroom does help... During that time of the year, we generally have the complex to our selves, so that will probably be the case except with larger condo complexes like the Reef Club Condos.. Lots of kids running around there in July of last year. I prefer the good ole Cantamar anyway... We also rented for several years from "At Home in Cozumel" They were always great, and we never had any problem that was not immediately looked after.

We visited the Miramar a couple of times, but never stayed there.... It was comparable to what we are used to, so I think it would be nice.

#11 cozumelwantabe

cozumelwantabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 11:02 AM

Hi Kirista,
We stayed at Villa Loyd which "Was" the property just to the north of Cantamar last forth of July, I here they are building two new homes between the two properties as we speak.
I had thought about Cantanmar as well but Miramar won out, we will have to see... we have never stayed in a condo before, we have always rented Casa's while on the island.
What days will you be there? Maybe we will run into you, your more then welcome to come up around Miramar and see if we are hanging out.
Take care, Bill

#12 redwingsfan

redwingsfan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:23 PM

how was Vila Loyd??? Coming to Coz for the first time January 2014 and aren't having much luck findings reviews.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users