#21 cvchief

cvchief

Professional Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts
  • Location:Pennsylvania mostly, though Coz as much as possible

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:00 PM

I hate to mention it for fear of the flame, but I got to say I like Baja Bob's 0 cal margarita mix. You have to buy it in the bottles. I tried one of the powder and it sucked. It ISN"T El Moro or La Choza, but it is a low cal filler.

El Jefe

Wishing I was retiring to Cozumel.....

Casa De Jefe

#22 DanB

DanB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 484 posts
  • Interests:Dan:history/culture;scuba diving;photography;music; Claudia:artist

Posted 14 July 2012 - 04:03 PM

Just ordered some Baja Bob's online. I will let you know what I think. I suspect I will add some fresh squeezed lime.

#23 zman96

zman96

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:57 AM

For those of you who love Kinta - I like it, too, BTW - I highly recommend that you try Buccano's dinner. They are only open on Friday and Saturday nights 6-11 pm. It is, hands down, the most exquisite food and atmosphere on the island. The sunsets are breathtaking and the food is indescribably delicious. They will be closed September 1 until Thanksgiving day, so there are only a few weekends left to spend a great evening with them. Tomorrow night for me!!!!! Posted Image

That stinks that they will be closing for a while, I was looking forward to trying it in October after all of the great pictures of the food I keep seeing from here. Oh well, I am sure we will find something else to enjoy.

#24 cvchief

cvchief

Professional Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:30 AM

Just ordered some Baja Bob's online. I will let you know what I think. I suspect I will add some fresh squeezed lime.

I would be interested in your report. See if I am crazy or not.

El Jefe

Casa De Jefe

#25 DanB

DanB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:06 PM

Hey CVChief - me gusto!! Just got the Baja Bob's in the mail and made it up (I got the powdered mix). It is intensely Lime-y. I like it. It does have that 'splenda' taste that some people don't like. It's fine with me. So now all I have to do if find some Tequila that doesn't effect blood sugar . . . Thanks for mentioning the product!

#26 cvchief

cvchief

Professional Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:36 PM

Hey CVChief - me gusto!! Just got the Baja Bob's in the mail and made it up (I got the powdered mix). It is intensely Lime-y. I like it. It does have that 'splenda' taste that some people don't like. It's fine with me. So now all I have to do if find some Tequila that doesn't effect blood sugar . . . Thanks for mentioning the product!

Oh, Dan, your welcome, but you have to order a bottle of the original mix, not powder. I bought some power to try and it wasn't nearly as good as the mix. The bottle, to me, seems to have WAY less aftertaste. However if you find that no effect on the blood sugar tequila, let me know. I can't find one listed in my Atkins book....

El Jefe

Casa De Jefe

#27 mstevens

mstevens

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 852 posts
  • Interests:Diving, Ducatis, Dorkdom

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:18 PM

if you find that no effect on the blood sugar tequila, let me know. I can't find one listed in my Atkins book....

For tequila that doesn't affect blood glucose levels, just boil it for an hour, then let cool.

Then throw it away.

#28 DanB

DanB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:28 AM

mstevens - Ah, thanks, but no thanks. CVChief - I'm new to this whole blood sugar thing (diagnosed two months ago). With metformin readings vary between 95 and 125. Yesterday I binged. Had black bean frijoles with burger meat, tortilla chips with cheese, salsa, sour cream (the whole super nachos thing) and a grande marg. 2 hr reading afterwards was 109. I can be happy with that.

#29 cvchief

cvchief

Professional Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:11 AM

mstevens - Ah, thanks, but no thanks. CVChief - I'm new to this whole blood sugar thing (diagnosed two months ago). With metformin readings vary between 95 and 125. Yesterday I binged. Had black bean frijoles with burger meat, tortilla chips with cheese, salsa, sour cream (the whole super nachos thing) and a grande marg. 2 hr reading afterwards was 109. I can be happy with that.

Oh, sorry if I made light. I don't have a blood sugar thing; I have been diagnosed as chubby. :P

El Jefe

Casa De Jefe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users